Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuda

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Good, sounds like I did the right thing then. Yes, I was solo, a couple of tourists were standing on the Kingfisher Jetty asking was I gonna try and boat it, and I wasnt keen.

I thought I was pretty brave doin the 45 min trip from River Heads to Kingfisher solo in the dark, only a week after a guy drowned in dark doin the same trip with a mate. Im brave, but I dont boat sharks, pike eels, catfish, vermin, or rays, and now Ive added cuda to the list.

cheers
    Andrew

Yep, good call to leave it in the water, you got your pic's so all is good. I made the same call a couple of years ago with a small black marlin, yes a photo on board would have been great but having never dreamed of catching one or giving ant thought as to how to handle it the call was made to release it in the water, I think that long pointy thing had the decky worried..........

There is a message from the drowning last week, if he had have had a life jacket on he would be still alive, if they had thought or planned for man overboard situations he would still be alive.

Mark

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trymyluck View Post
    .......I think that long pointy thing had the decky worried..........
    Mark
    No comment
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrew

I am happy to buck the trend here. I thing you need to man up a bit. Next cuda, insert a blood transfusion drip, get the needle and thread in a handy spot then THUMB GRIP the bugger. You show him who's boss.

Then take you self to hospital before the blood loss makes you pass out.

Steve
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trymyluck View Post
    There is a message from the drowning last week, if he had have had a life jacket on he would be still alive, if they had thought or planned for man overboard situations he would still be alive.

Mark
    Ive been that concerned about it, that I went down to VMR and water police and spoke to them both. Alcohol was a factor, and the boat was a recent purchase, and it was an old clinker to boot, so it was untried. Lack of safety procedure and planning was also missing, and lifejackets were not worn.

Both rescue officers said the same thing, 'get a plb!!'.

Ive ordered a plb and Im getting a new lifejacket that auto inflates. The lifejacket has a pocket in it for the plb, so if I fall in, the plb will be on me.

cheers
    Andrew

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Ive been that concerned about it, that I went down to VMR and water police and spoke to them both. Alcohol was a factor, and the boat was a recent purchase, and it was an old clinker to boot, so it was untried. Lack of safety procedure and planning was also missing, and lifejackets were not worn.

Both rescue officers said the same thing, 'get a plb!!'.

Ive ordered a plb and Im getting a new lifejacket that auto inflates. The lifejacket has a pocket in it for the plb, so if I fall in, the plb will be on me.

cheers
    Andrew

From what I have been told there was a small amount of alcohol missing from what they took on board, yes it was a clunker and purchased the day before. There is more to it that may or may not come out. Can not really get into it but end of the day the thing that would have saved his life is the life jacket. The plb will be a plus if you do go over.

Mark

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. Guys im also keen to do a few night runs around the area. Chamelion, more then welcome to jump in with me mate.
    Bottom bashing on the shelf, Doesn't get much better then that!

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris88 View Post
    Nice fish. Guys im also keen to do a few night runs around the area. Chamelion, more then welcome to jump in with me mate.
    That would be brilliant, thanks a lot.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to the cuda, Steven hooked a big one on a lure.I wouldn't let him bring it in the boat and we didn't want to kill it so no gaff. He ended up losing his lure.
    Another one grabbed a trout that I had just lifted out of the water. I would not let the trout go so we got half each. Cuda was half out of the water munching on the trout.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

remember one that was a bit of a pain nailing bottom fish and baits up the swains last year, stinky things with big teeth
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    remember one that was a bit of a pain nailing bottom fish and baits up the swains last year, stinky things with big teeth
    You must be a bit of a cuda boy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast