Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pummy Passage Report 27th March

Time is running out on my holidays with very little opportunity to go for a fish but weather report indicated 10 - 15 knots for this morning so I had the yak loaded last night and all rigged up to go. Set the alarm for four AM (nice little sleep in)

Up and at em at 4 fishing by 4:30. Wind was just strong enough to be annoying out of the south east. The new Nanofil 6lb braid was great though punching up wind so I could work my lure back with the current. I was using the HB mullett looking thing I had been having success on. I felt a few bumps and nudges but no hookups. Then about 5am felt a solid hit and about 3 seconds of solid weight then nothing . Kept casting about for another 15 mins or so and whack.... a lot of fight but not a lot of weight (Bream I think maybe small tailor) but then nothing . Was wondering what was going on and getting a bit frustrated! So kept casting and working the area and about 6:30 WHACK..... solid weight again with the telltale flatty headshakes. Short fight later and into the yak comes a nice 58cm Flatty. Thankyou thats dinner sorted!!! He was only just hooked too just on the edge of the lip. My girls were happy to see me bring home another fish and fed the liver to the dogs before heading off to school. Interestingly this guys stomach was completely empty!

Hope the weather is bearable in the morning. I may just go again I think.

Water was very fresh. Tasted it and only a slight salty tinge.

Cheers all

Funchy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Funchy; 27-03-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: forgot photo

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report Funchy, keep them coming. Where do you launch from?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Great report Funchy, keep them coming. Where do you launch from?
    Thanks Didley, Depending on tides and how long I am going to be out. Generally I launch from Diamon Head near Bells Creek Boat ramp. If I want to almost garauntee a fish I head straight out to the last green beacon as Bells Creek channel meets Pummy passage. Very consistent results there.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah ok I thought you were down Donnybrook way