Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Top report Roo, you are making me very envious catching all these fish...Good to see the kid's getting in on the act...

Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UndersizeBreamKing View Post
    How do you retrieve with crocs about? I hear people stand in the frame of the trailer and what not
    A quick launch/retrieve is the go. You obviously don't want to be mucking around near the water for any longer than you need to be.

Before I actually beach the boat to retrieve it, I make sure everything is right to go ie. I've got the car keys, winch handle and the anchor or bow rope is ready to secure boat on the shore. I leave the lights on in the boat for extra lighting. I also turn and lock the hubs into 4wd on any slightly suspect ramps just to be safe. I use a big powerful 12v spotty to have a bit of a look around around as well.

Last night I had to run the boat up towards the big fella to get him to move off as the light didn't bother him. I watched him with the spotty and when he surfaced further out, I came into towards the beach a little quicker than normal so the boat just ran up onto the sand. I then exited the boat straight over the bow onto the sand. When I backed the trailer in, I ran it right alongside the boat (and no further out than required). I then quickly pushed the boat out, hanging onto the bow rope and pull it up against the back of the trailer. Walked down the trailer walkway and quickly connected the rope & winched it on. Most times I don't need to even get wet during retrieves.

Main thing is just accept that they are always there, even when you don't actually see them. Watch the grog.

Cheers,
    Roo.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Yeah I definitely wouldnt want to be there longer than needed haha
    Ben..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12