Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First Trip In The New Tub

Today wasn't one of the best days to go out in the boat but i was so god dam keen and it just kills me walking pass the boat. So i convinced my step dad to take it out in this weather because i wouldn't have much time when school started.

Not knowing many spots we just used the HDS 8 gen 2 to put us onto some fish. Wasn't one of the best area's but at least we caught something. All i got was a big toad and happy moment =/ then my first ever lovely saddle tail which went 34cm release but didn't last long as a HUGE GT busted the surface when it only got to swim 10-20cm down. I quickly put a lure on but was not keen. A small storm started to come in so i pulled up the anchor and headed away from it. We cleared it without getting majorly wet and went back to the spot then another storm came in after an hour or so of clear blue sky. This time we just packed up and headed for home as tomorrow is another day =D

Cheers JT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

good pics mate
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice on JT. How are you finding the ride on the Blue Fin?
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

The blue fin was great but the weather did not look anything like in the photos as the storms came in quickly and white caps just covered the whole area so we took it slow but still getting wet from the spray =( Wouldn't mind going out on a glass day just to see how well it goes

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice day on the water mate! Least you got a few fish and got to go out in the new boat!!

Cheers

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee you look different with a hair cut. Good on you getting out in the new boat.
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Gee you look different with a hair cut. Good on you getting out in the new boat.
    I'm due to getting another one soon that was morning hair hahaha

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Was wondering about that hair, thought you had a beanie on! Glass outs are coming James, nearly winter
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Was wondering about that hair, thought you had a beanie on! Glass outs are coming James, nearly winter
    Only had my glasses on mainly because i was looking for tuna but didn't see a bird in sight :'(

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice boat, that will get you to plenty of spots. I was looking at the bay all day wishing I went out, cos it looked fairly flat? You musta been in the open looking for tuna. I usually pick my locations depending on which way the wind is coming from. It was absolutely flat off Pt Vernon on saturday.

cheers
    Andrew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast