Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

youngy pity mate the Mystery Length was the one to get this year missed out by about a cm.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Lipsmackin-jigs, my mate Robbie won the NSW whiting section longest and i got the Qld section, we are both very happy.

Good to see the major prize as a mystery length it gives everyone an even chance, although i doubt the mystery length would ever be over 40cm, cheers wayne

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

yea mate your right dont think it would get over 40 never know but mate
    i was lucky to get that one mate on 75mm squiggie look a like from china they look the same work the same too best whitein i have caught here but i seen a bigger one caught by a mate few years ago he has sinced past away about 88 years young loved his lure fishing

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Lipsmackin-jigs, the old lure versus bait thing with whiting is a very interesting subject, i do a lot of comp whiting fishing and have never seen a lure fish beat a bait caught whiting yet in one of these comps.

I know lure fishing is definitely a more satisfying way of catching fish, i do a lot of it myself.

My opinion is that for numbers, size and consistency lures will never beat bait with whiting on the Gold Coast. cheers wayne

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by youngy View Post
    Lipsmackin-jigs, the old lure versus bait thing with whiting is a very interesting subject, i do a lot of comp whiting fishing and have never seen a lure fish beat a bait caught whiting yet in one of these comps.

I know lure fishing is definitely a more satisfying way of catching fish, i do a lot of it myself.

My opinion is that for numbers, size and consistency lures will never beat bait with whiting on the Gold Coast. cheers wayne
    have you tryed poppers on them mate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12