Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by al49 View Post
    was just asked if i had entered it in the BCF barra comp ,didnt think of it at time as was more worried about getting it back in water .could be $1000 down the drain, bummer
    Only money mate! Don't worry about it, it's a memory you have got forever! Catching a 127 PB salty bazza, solo. Can't get any better then that mate! Hats of to you!

Cheers drew

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Peter4;94971]Great fish Al - sure its not an Awoonga or Mondy escapee? Just askin...

/QUOTE]

How could anyone be sure of that??

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a few fish around this size caught in nets around here each year. Iv heard of a few over 120,plus the one that Al said about off the pier,and a couple speared. Iv also seen a pic of a fish out of the mary that must have pushed 150,conservatively,and it was an old photo,in the 70's i think. But this is the biggest iv heard of on a mat,by line for a long while. Kudos to Al,magnificent capture. You need to invest in a Gorillapod Al.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=ffejsmada;95022]
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Great fish Al - sure its not an Awoonga or Mondy escapee? Just askin...

/QUOTE]

How could anyone be sure of that??
    ffej in the dams barra will take on that huge body shape a bit out of proportion sometimes,in the salt they have to contend with tides and faster preditory fish which means leaner fitter fish i have caught many meteries in darwin and these are race horse fit tides a bigger up that way though too,thats most of the times but there is acceptions and this fish did look like a dam barra with its sheer size around the girth and across the shoulders ,dont know if it is as chewy said every year there is huge salties caught she could have been a local for years i definatly dont mind either way one of you might get the chance to tangle with her as well ,hopefully she will keep smashing thru the pros nets and stuffing them completley

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not important from where it came, but more about where it went. Top effort again mate.
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456