Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to agree Didley. Not really sure what Brissy is like, but one thing I'm enjoying at the moment is watching the waters around Sydney spring back to life with some of the clean ups and what not under way. Particularly inland a bit where I am. This isn't exactly a fast process. But there is something to be said for pulling 25cm bass out of holes that only contained carp and gambusia for the best part of my 30 years, and have only been accessible again in the last few years after installation and upgrades of numerous fish ladders and weirs...

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

hey Ducksta, have you fished the parra river around silverwater? just up the road from you and i used to fish it a lot in the yak. heaps of fish in there and very few people actually fish it cause you can't eat anything out of there. quite a few really big flatties and a heap of breambos mate

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea mate, hit the breambo's up fairly regularly as well. Can't say I've seen a really big flatty around the area but I've been touched up a few times fishing pretty light.
    At the moment I'm living just about 300m from the ferry station at Parra, on the North side. So when I'm off for a foot slog, the river/pools around the park, and even along further down the ferry lane are producing bream, bass and the odd smaller flatty for me.
    It's definitely enough to stay interested in exploring, and putting time in, very locally.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and ps. I'm not sure about the 'can't eat anything' bit. I certainly wouldn't personally - but I know plenty of people fishing in the heart of Parramatta are taking fish home for the table. When I've spoken to them, they seem to be adamant that the water is cleaner than most places in the world. Hard to argue with them. I was served carp in Beijing last year, and I was a bit skeptical about tucking in at first - but I was hungry and it smelled delicious. Haven't grown another arm yet.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    I gota say I put this thread up as a bit of a joke at Chewy's "Quicky.."reports, but the response from members has been amazing with offers to take me fishing. We, who are in the capital cities, do it a little tough at times as far as numbers of decent fish to target. We have windows where there are good fish around and times when things just seem dead. I know I'll get disagreement on this point, but my skill levels aren't that high and there's times I struggle. To hear reports of "tough trips" where members only get a couple of Barra and a trev or two makes me shake my head. Having a little bit of an obsession with Mangrove Jack doesn't help. I think Pistol_P's tips on the mouth of the Brisy river a while ago, say more than just trying that , I need to change tack and use my head a bit.
    Agreed 110%

Pete is right about the mouth though. Its firing up at the moment with squires, cods and greenback tailors. Unfortunately that place becomes a carpark when the weather is good.
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Did's

Up at Monduran sonce yesterday cold,wet have not caught a thing

Know how you feel

Richard

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figtree View Post
    Did's

Up at Monduran sonce yesterday cold,wet have not caught a thing

Know how you feel

Richard
    Aslong as your wet on the inside as well mate who cares! Great bundy weather.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123