Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Barra and Muddies

I have just got home from up north , where along with my good mate BTSAH (Bruce), another AA member, we had two of the best days fishing of our lives. I have caught impoundment Barra before but was still chasing my first wild salty. Bruce on the other hand has caught hundreds of Barra over the last 20 years of fishing in the gulf.

We went out with Arthur from Seaforth Fishing Charters to target Barra and we were not dissapionted. Along with Barra we caught Grunter, Gold Spot Cod, Trev's, mud crabs and Bruce picked up a nice Flatty that just inhaled his bomber then lept out of the water like a Barra. We had perfect conditions both days and I can't speak highly enough of Arthur. His local knoledge and his general fishing knoledge that he shared with us was remarkable.

My first wild Barra went 85cm's and I still can't get the smile off my face. I have video of this and I will post it once I have edited the language. I got a bit excited. I followed this up with a 60 and a 55 (Released). Bruce nailed the largest Barra at 95cm's on one of the last casts of the trip. That is the last pic and this fish was released to fight another day. We got smoked so many times that if we had of boated every Barra we hooked up we would have easily got our bag limit, but it was just great to hook them up and watch them dance across the water.

The mangrove system in this part of the world is just amazing and I can't wait to get back up there. I hope you enjoy the pic's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Shagga, Might have to count me in on that next trip. Where's my crabs?

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post

No problem Did's. You will love it and we will definately do it again.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post

Oh, I must have left your crabs up north.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work mate! Lovely looking fish those salt dwellers!! Those crabs don't look half bad either... mmmm...
    Ben..

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UndersizeBreamKing View Post
    Nice work mate! Lovely looking fish those salt dwellers!! Those crabs don't look half bad either... mmmm...
    Thanks Ben. We had a couple of the crabs the other night and washed them down with a few coldies. Awesome.

Gary.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one mate. Great couple of days fishing, some nice barra and big muddies to. Havnt had muddies in ages!!
    Cheers drew

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report shagga love it crabs and barra magnificant
    Fishing bring it on no matter the type .

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    Great report shagga love it crabs and barra magnificant
    Doesn't get any better.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Great fish Shagga have to catch up one time when i'm back in brisbane for a fish =)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast