Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Baker View Post
    At least I can see these,not like some peoples.
    A top day there Dane.I have been fishing for blackfish (luderick ) for over 60 years and I think this is the first time I have heard of one being lure caught.A good specimen as well.I believe they are often caught as far north as Noosa but you would be very close to their northern limits.
    Cheers, Mick
    Including myself and now Dane I personally know of at least 5 people who have caught them on lures. Ranging from vibes to 4" flick baits (which is what I caught mine on).. Can't say I'd target them on lures, but they're some fun bycatch.

Nice fish Dane.. Shame about the dirty netters.. I have no time for them at all.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great mixed bag there Dane. Well done.

Cheers,
    Roo.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrew: he only had nets, as they were all ready and uncovered ready to be thrown over the side!
    To much water to fish and not enough time......

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Mick, I've picked up 2 luderick on plastics in your neck of the woods in the last few years. One in Hardy's Bay, from under the Kilcare Extension Wharf, and one from around the rocks between Pearl beach and Wagstaffe. Both times on 2" grubs I think, flicking for bream.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, i've picked luddies up on plastics a couple of times, last time was up the coast with the kids and my young fella got one on a 3" craw, good fish and they go hard!

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work as usual Dane. Surface fishing for Bream and whiting is great fun. I've been trying to get a flathead on the surface but unsuccessful so far. Great Jack on the light gear. Have heard of a fair few Luderick being taken on plastics becoming quite a common bream by catch.
    Fishing. Its only an addiction if your trying to quit!

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

As most of my lure fishing is high speed spinning for tuna species,bonito,kings etc or using larger lures for flathead I suppose it is unlikely I would pick up a blackfish.Perhaps if I downsized and slowed down it may happen.One day I might get into this bream/whiting on lure business.It is hard to change habits after being a bait fisho for so long.Something about teaching old dogs new tricks.I catch my blackfish the old fashioned way with long rods,light line,floats and weed bait.Been thinking of doing a post on the subject for some time now.
    Cheers, Mick
    sorry if I have highjacked this post
    aspire to inspire before you expire

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

thats a great little session dane ,the bream will only get more prolific as winter comes on

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent a whole winter trying to master luderick on weed and floats mick, finally cracked it, it's a challenge in itself in hard fished water
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report Dane,

Some excellent fish there mate. Sounds like a great day out.

Cheers Steve

PS: you know, its OK to smile for a photo hey!!
    There's plenty of room for all God's creatures.......right next to the mash potatoes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast