Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wormimg fork

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzy 500 View Post
    Those forking bastards!!!

Hope you find another that does the job Shano

Cheers Steve
    Yeh the Bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack View Post
    I went thru the same sorta ordeal last yr losing my worming fork from the back of the ute.
    I bought several (4) replacements since and finally found one that was up to the task at a price.
    http://www.cyclone.com.au/products/c...sed-dee-handle
    Thanks mate I read the whole thread trying to picture a bloody fork for catching beach worms, only now does this thread make sense
    To the shed!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Baker View Post
    you bananabenders do things differently up your way.The fork we use to dig bloodworms is a hoe fork - shaped like a hoe but with prongs instead of a blade.A trench is started and then work along the face,pulling the mud back towards you into the hole made by the previous stroke.We obtain our bloodworms from the mud around mangroves and it is extremely difficult to dig this mud with a conventional garden fork.The suction created by the mud is too great.When you have a vertical face in the trench it is much easier - strike the hoe into the mud about 30cm from the edge and then pull towards yourself - no lifting involved.
    Cheers, Mick
    Hi Mick we can do that here as well but are not allowed to use a hoe or a fork must be done with the hands i am told and i am pretty heavy so would get bogged in the mud

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Yeh the Bastards!

Thanks mate I read the whole thread trying to picture a bloody fork for catching beach worms, only now does this thread make sense
    You old timers daz no one mentioned beach lol blood or rock worms i use the fork for

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123