Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mixed bag from Mud Is

Some Idiot rang me yesterday and said hey how about a mud trip I thought bugger that the wind was suppose to be 15-20 kn west ,sth west so i said i will check the forcast I got home checked the forcast and rang him back and said there might be a little weather window be at my place at 5 am.
    the alarm goes off at 4.30 and i think what the hell am i getting out of a warm bed for on this cold morning but in the end hooked the boat on and Tim and blimp man col arrive on time .
    We launch at the mouth of cabbage tree creek for the run over i park the boat and as i am the only boat there i take up the 1st 1 and half parking bays so i can get my trailor out on the return as cars park in front of you and you have a high garden bed on your right and you need a bit of swing room for the trailor when you retrive your boat or you wipe out the car beside you or you can not get the trailor out due to the high garden bed
    got back to the ramp and found a note on my windshield about taking up 4 car parking spots but what the idiot does no know or care about is the parking area was boats and trailors and not cars but did not have the guts to approach me and say it just left a note.(fact is i parked that way so i could get my car and trailor out)
    anyway we left the ramp in flat condition but by the time we got to the shipping channel it was blowing 12-14kn sw and getting a salt spray at six in the morning what fun who's idea was this.
    we had a couple of trolls for 1 ,30cm bream then started to throw platics as the breeze was popping up to 15-19 kn and it was making trolling into the breeze a pain i landed a nice 65 cm flattie then a 41cm model that i released we than moved up the top end of the island and tim got a grinner and nealy a bird. in the end the breeze dropped back to 10kn so moved back in and trolled where we got 3 more bream and i got 2 good tailor so in the end it was a good morning a few photo's andbody would think it was cold looking at col in his blimp suit

shane
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by robersl; 27-05-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple of nice feeds there fellas.

Cheers,
    Roo.

PS
    Geez, thats a pretty serious sort of jacket in the third photo!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy98 View Post
    Couple of nice feeds there fellas.

Cheers,
    Roo.

PS
    Geez, thats a pretty serious sort of jacket in the third photo!
    thanks roo we started calling him Mitch duering the morning short for michelon man

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff Shane, you guys got some nice fish.

I bet it was cold running acrooss there particularly with the spray.

Hate those with cars who take up car and trailer spaces, I took some pictures of cars in the rigging zone at Deep Water Bend one day, most of the owners came running and moved the cars when they saw me taking the pics, wish i could have had them fined the ####s.

Cheers,
    John.
    Some cause happiness wherever they go.

Others whenever they go.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

love that trolling run!
    Nice feed mate
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    love that trolling run!
    Nice feed mate
    she should pick up again in the next few weeks brian will get you back across there again if you like

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

sounds good mate.
    Let me know if your doing a bait run as well, I wouldnt mind stocking up for Swains in August
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    sounds good mate.
    Let me know if your doing a bait run as well, I wouldnt mind stocking up for Swains in August
    No drama's if I got any pike left in august you can have them as well for swains

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Super keen shano in this cold ass weather! At least you were rewarded....good feed of fish and a penpal!!!

Cheers Steve
    There's plenty of room for all God's creatures.......right next to the mash potatoes

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzy 500 View Post
    Super keen shano in this cold ass weather! At least you were rewarded....good feed of fish and a penpal!!!

Cheers Steve
    Don't know what super keen in the cold but i love my tailor fishing I hang out for this 2 months of the year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast