Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default and one from the rusty stuff..........

G'day,

For once the wind dropped off a bit overnight, so this morning we all piled in the tinny and set out at daylight. My original plan was to drop a few crab pots and explore a new creek, letting my wife (BB) and son do a bit of trolling/casting in search of a barra or two. Unfortnately the wind began stirring not long after setting the pots, so we had to switch to plan B. This involved gathering some big mullet and settling into a protected little spot which is home to a sunken snag.

As it always seems to happen, the livies went untouched and it was my 3yo daughter's tiny uglystik rod (1-3kg and only 1.4m long) baited with half a pilly which first buckled over. A 3 foot skinny lept out of the water about 20m out and then continued on its way, almost spooling the tiny 1000 size reel. Luckily it turned and headed back towards the boat and for a split second I thought we were a chance again. It wasn't to be though as he cut the leader at the hook.

The next hour saw cod and other smaller fish harassing our livies. BB caught a nice dart which was something a little different. I finally hooked a good fish but he managed to brick me and despite our best efforts to free him with the tackleback and lure pole, we had to admit defeat and ended up snapping the line.

Later our luck finally changed and a nice 70cm barra inhaled one of the livies. With the wind still picking up we cut a track back home, stopping on the way to grab our pots. We were rewarded with one nice buck for our efforts there.

Not a bad way to kill Sunday morning with the family.

Cheers,
    Roo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

nice looking little salty there roo the kids look happy as well

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Roo being the gentlemen, forgot to mention my impressive dismount from the boat at the VERY crowded ramp. I am not a dainty dame at the best of times, tried to be cordinated, foot slipped and I ended up fully submerged! Very funny end to a good trip - literally!! BB

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Beaut little salty, nice stuff on all accounts!
    Ben..

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baitbitch View Post
    Roo being the gentlemen, forgot to mention my impressive dismount from the boat at the VERY crowded ramp. I am not a dainty dame at the best of times, tried to be cordinated, foot slipped and I ended up fully submerged! Very funny end to a good trip - literally!! BB
    Haha, it must be a girl thing Baity.

My missus fell out of the boat and got soaked, she fell onto a sandbank though, there was only me to laugh at her!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how she managed it actually.

Don't worry, once I realised she wasn't hurt the laughter started and it wasn't just me. The kids and other onlookers were having a good giggle as well.

Cheers,
    Roo.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great morning's fishing with the family mate,you are sure having a ball up there....

I hope that wasn't the ramp with the resident croc..(there would have been arm's & leg's goin everywhere if it was me)..
    Baz