Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Easy Afternoons

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    Are you kidding Paulo???

Do you buy fish???

Shame, shame!!
    Jeff,we're at the pub,its chucking it down,Canberra are playing?,we couldn't go til the rain stopped so stayed for tea.Usually have a steak or chicken parmidecided to go fancy,bad move.Guilty as charged
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers boys, bit of a back to basics post I spose, we all know how to catch flatones, but for me its a nice close, reliable way to bag some fresh fillets, and as we all know, they are damn good chewing!
    There will prob be another 2 months or so like this, after that the clear water from the westerlies encourages a green weed growth over the flats, and it gets a bit of a pain to fish.
    Next "back to basics"- fresh squire fillets from down the end of the street - stay tuned...
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Cheers boys, bit of a back to basics post I spose, we all know how to catch flatones, but for me its a nice close, reliable way to bag some fresh fillets, and as we all know, they are damn good chewing!
    There will prob be another 2 months or so like this, after that the clear water from the westerlies encourages a green weed growth over the flats, and it gets a bit of a pain to fish.
    Next "back to basics"- fresh squire fillets from down the end of the street - stay tuned...
    Brian, there should be more threads like this one. I wanted to elaborate in more detail the importance of threads like the one you have so kindly placed up in my first reply post but I was too keen to get amongst myself as I quickly read about your session trying to bust out the front door.

More experienced anglers tend to assume that other anglers have the same acquired knowledge, but in reality some anglers new to the game lack the experience. This has come fore mostly to my attention just recently being involved in our fishing club at the college where I work.

There are some golden pointers amongst that thread Brian, thanks for sharing mate. This is one species that inexperienced anglers can expand their knowledge quickly when using soft plastics, especially for the first time.

As Brian has indicated so well in his photo's, Flathead are bottom feeders and bottom dwellers. Therefore having that soft plastic bouncing off the bottom with continuous twitches of the rod tip will be quite adventageous to landing one of these Dusky Lizards.
    Last edited by Bracey; 03-06-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good read mate with some nice fillet's as well, as dave said thank's for the tip's..

Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post Brian, shows that you don't need to go a mile to get good eating fish.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great write up!

A feed of flatties is never wasted at my place. The kids love 'em!

Cheers,
    Roo.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Good feed mate, made my mouth water. If I want a feed of lizards Here at Blackall they cost $58 kilo
    I'm not paranoid. Who's there?

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey thats my yak launch spot B, might see you there one day. Great report.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123