Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: My weekend

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My weekend

Saturday 2nd - Up at 3:30am and hit Currimundi Lake by 4am. spent the next 2 hours paddling around trolling, casting, bottom bouncing for not a touch. Thought bugger it and threw the Yak back on the Triton and headed for my usual haunts in the passage. Drifted over the weed beds for the next few hours and pulled in 12 flatties. GULP minnows did the damage on the majority of them. Best results were just at top of the tide and the change over to to run out around 7:30am. I had found a fair patch of open yabbie bank surounded by weed about the size of a large resort style swimming pool. Only in abot 2ft of water. I would throw in close to the weed and sure enuff about every 2nd cast I would get a hit. A lot of fun but no real size. Only 2 over 40cm but they all went back. (Hence no pics on the brag mat). So it would seem the fishery down my way is very healthy with young faltties ready to get a bit bigger in the next couple of years.

Sunday 3rd - Headed up the passage to try for a jewwy under the bridge around 4am in the morning. Steady rain, fair bit of fresh running through after about 5 inches of rain. Not a touch. Paddled down to Bells Creek and tried the weed beds, not a sausage. Paddled up Bells a way and dipped my fingers in the water and it was straight fresh. Chucked a U'ey and went home for a feed. Cant wait for this weather to clear.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work mate, love catching flatties
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work on getting a few mate..we drove 100kms this morning and still couldnt find somewhere to fish..
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

at least you are having a crack funchy well done on the flatties mate.
    Steve
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

4am and rain - I am too old for that! Good effort on the lizards
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?