Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Noosa,windy one day..windy the next.

Well should have known better than plan a weeks holiday around Show weekend but we went.
    Put the boat in Sunday arv(27th)a bit breezy but nice and sunny.Heaps of folk out on the river enjoying the afternoon.The biggest benefit of having the boat in the water for the whole time is that you can jump in and go as and when and take the chances when they arrive as was proven Monday morning.Woke early to miserable windy,showery,cold wind to.So gentlemans hours was the plan,lazy brekky late morning start.Hit Woods Bay as this was where the action was..apparently.Its also where the wind was,damn cold.Stuck it for an hour of nothing and moved up past Tewantin towards the ferry,beautiful out of the wind for the most part,Annies happy we start catching,,,Bream,lots of Bream.Anne scored a Trev and a little flattie,her first Trev so all good,I kept the Bream numbers up,13 all up for the session.Tuesday weather was similar,Had a chat to Deano and he suggested a spot a little further along. So off we went,drifting the bank as advised.Scored a little cod,not a bream,some nice whiting,Anne got a small flatty,then along came the bream,but at least we're catching fish.another double figure total apart from a few whiting around 30 cms nothing of any size tho.Wednesday we had to go to the shops in the morning,weather was stuffed anyway and I ducked into BCF for a look.The afternoon was pretty cool as it turned out.We started out just before you get to the first ski run,catching...Yep,bream when all of a sudden we're in the middle of an invasion,boats,lots of em i think it was angla Pro with pretty much they're range racing up and down,Along came the Coastguard,,,"Excuse me Sir but you might like to move,they'll be testing motors for the next 2 hours.He told us to go just past a yellow inflatable which was the limit for them to go to and it might be fun to watch.So,we did and it was.The coastguard and water police were having huge fun,charging up and down lots of big wash through which all the boats were bashing through,In between times caught a few whiting and bream.After they'd gone Anne caught asmall Diamond,well i think it is.It was getting dark by then so we headed in,Thursday we didn't get out it was really to windy.Friday i headed out solo but results the same Still no good in Woods,I think I shouldve stuck it til dark,might of caught a hairtail.Saturday was a family day Sunday home.All in all not spectacular but not a waste of time,and i wasn't at work.
    Paulo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Graet family holiday Paulo with a few fish thrown in. Not a bad place to admire neither.

Thanks definately looks like a juvenile Diamond to me.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers Dave

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

great variety there paulo ,looks a good spot too top stuff

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

I was down there at the same time on a school camp, that police boat was massive! It had 3 300hp suzukis haha
    Good work mate, weather was terrible but
    i like to fish.

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

toughed it out in that weather paulo, it was pretty shitty, sorry i didnt get up for a beer, the planets didnt alighn...nice spot for a holiday, better weather next time....prolly shouldnt say it but the last couple o days have been tops....sory, always the way...
    deano.
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff Paulo. Weather was'nt the best but you made the most of it.

Gary.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Onya Paulo, definitely not a juvenile Diamond, it's a Common Ponyfish.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Come Jackoff time those bream get eaten by all the Jacks Paulo, there'll be blood in the water up John's Landing way, mark my words.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    Onya Paulo, definitely not a juvenile Diamond, it's a Common Ponyfish.
    Thanks Jeff I wasn't sure,but knew one of you guys would be on the money.
    Paulo

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    toughed it out in that weather paulo, it was pretty shitty, sorry i didnt get up for a beer, the planets didnt alighn...nice spot for a holiday, better weather next time....prolly shouldnt say it but the last couple o days have been tops....sory, always the way...
    deano.
    Deano would've been good mate,next time hey?It was hard work drinking the Yaks all by myself.
    Paulo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast