Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,i didnt get a chance to have a look at Andys report before he posted,but there is some good info on the techniques we are using. A couple of funny things that Andy omitted ,he had a flattie roll on his plastic beside the boat after burning it the last ten feet to the boat. He nearly crapped himself. And to borrow a quote from Funchy,I had the reflexes of a house plant,losing the last fish of the day. The Plastic was dropping to the bottom,it was cold,windy,huge belly in the line...i saw it twitching..Bringing those reflexes into play,i kind of struck..coming up with only loose line..Perplexed until a little salmon around 55 launched out of the water behind me,plastic in mouth...It was hard to do anything right,by the time i recovered the slack line,turned around,the fish took a couple, of short runs and the lure came unstuck...much to Andys amusement..He did an awesome job on the net,and his new light baitcaster performed well. Leader was only 12 and 15 schneider,as any heavier we couldn't get any bites. There were some nervous moments on the bigger fish. While we are fishing light,we are fishing them as hard as we can,to try and maximise the fishes chances upon release. Except the grunter..
    I have been giving the Daiwa Aird combo i bought for people i take who dont have a light plastics rod,and i have to say im impressed. Goes to show you don't have to have super expensive gear to get a few good fish. Been good to get onto a few fish lately,but finding them has been the key,well finding the bait. It seems wherever we find bait,the fish will be there,but the rest of the bank is barren. And they continually move. I spend most of my time at the moment with one eye on the sounder. Its getting that way i wont cast till we find some fish. Even in the harder fished creeks,nearer to river heads there are good shows of fish. Im starting to think some of these schools of fish,travel most of the length of the creek in a tide. Just another theory to work on..
    Tight lines.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report Andy
    Very well written and some great pics
    What a great day out and great variety of fish
    Cheers Ant

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done boys, great effort.

Nice report too Andy and congrates on the Thready!

Cheers Dave

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

You two nailed them that's for sure. Nice work. How do those blue salmon go?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 004dam View Post
    You two nailed them that's for sure. Nice work. How do those blue salmon go?
    In my opinion mate,the Blues would pull a Thready backwards,and have a blistering turn of speed. They also tend to jump more. In my experience anyway. The threadys seems to stop a couple times during the fight,knd of go round in circles. Blues are definately easier to revive to. We had trouble with both the Threadies on the weekend.Thats not to say that the threadys dont go,they are awesome,but the blues are faster i think.
    Chewy....

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff Chew'ies.....
    Pete

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petejones View Post
    nice sole andy bett the old boy didn,t give ya much about that one great lot fish boys well done
    It surprised me how aggressive it was Pete..It did get mentioned a couple times during the day though..
    Chewy....

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

you pair are freaks.

Get a day off this Thurs or Fri. I am coming down!

Stevo
    There's plenty of room for all God's creatures.......right next to the mash potatoes

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Pfft..i wish Stevo..id get shot..
    Chewy....

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    Pfft..i wish Stevo..id get shot..
    Ok then..give me:
    1. your boat
    2. your GPS marks
    3. keys to your beer fridge
    4. your tacklebox with favorite lures.!
    5. Map and details of exactly where your smashing so many good fish.!!

Cheers Stevo
    There's plenty of room for all God's creatures.......right next to the mash potatoes

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast