Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A day on the bay with the whisperer!

Yesterday, Mark (trymyluck) and I had a day off and took up the opportunity to head out with Shane (robersl aka the Bay Whisperer) onto Moreton Bay for a fish. Early start for us two to drive down to be at Shane's place a bit after 5am, but weather was good and breeze fairly light. The run to the first spot certainly didn't do much for the arguement against global warming.

Not long after getting setup, receiving our 'how to' instructions and lines in the water, the whisperer struck home and the first fish was in the boat. As we continued to work away, a steady stream of tasties made it into the esky and as things would quieten off the whisper started. "here fishy, fish", then "get ready boys, they are about to bight", then the whisper "here fishy, fish", then usually within 10seconds, "I'm on". Despite several opportunites we didn't complete the sucessful triple hookup with late minute dropped fished ruining our chance. A change of tide brought on a reposition and again the hookups flowed with some better sized fish finding their new calling in life as an ingredient. Again the whisperer's piscatorial calling worked a treat.

Unfortunately with a pressing previous engagement taking precedence over the fish still willing and bighting, we headed off.

The final tally was 36 tailor and 3 bream (one in the 40's) with plenty released (not on purpose and undersized). Cleaning and filleting was done and the smoker will get fired up today for my share. Some were consumed last night - very nice!

Before anyone asked where we got them, forget it. I don't have a clue where the hell I was as we were blindfolded and stuffed in bags for the run out and back. Not knowing the area didn't help either, but I did hear mention of a gate?

Thanks Shane for a great day out and it was great to watch someone who has cracked a code get about their art.

Cheers mate.

Steve
    Last edited by Apollo; 21-06-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report Steve, would have been a fun trip i would think, a few fish thrown in as well great way to spend a morning..

Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Larry,Curly and Mo all in the same boat,would have been a fun morning Steve.Smoked Tailor,good chewing mate very tasty.Good to see Shanes forced lack of gear isn't slowing him down.Well done.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet good in yas, a day out with Shaneo is good regardless of fish. Those bream get big and hungry over they hey Steve?
    Ben..

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

At least you would have been a bit warmer while stuffed in the bag....
    Nice work boys.
    Red

Fish Well, Fish Egrell

Red@redmandesigns.com.au

FishLife Magazine - best mag around
    Red@fishlife.tv

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work the boats getting plenty of use

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks boys. was great way of spending a Wednesday and we did cast a thought to you all at work - not! Red, thank god for the bag or we would have frozen our thingies off. Ben, they certainly aren't shy suckers. Adam, we went in Shane's boat as it seems to have an amplifying affect to his whisperings.

Steve
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of photos of the bandits
    thanks boys great morning and mark can not count I said leave 5 fish he left 6 just more filleting for me to do however I am sure you got my text saying I was finished mine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    A couple of photos of the bandits
    thanks boys great morning and mark can not count I said leave 5 fish he left 6 just more filleting for me to do however I am sure you got my text saying I was finished mine
    Mate, I was thinking 5 for Shane, and 1 for your missus.

Well I've seen dogs that will answer a look, horses that know what your thinking but I've never seen fish wait for Shane to say....Wait, Wait, Waitttt ok we are in the zone you can have a bite now.......And he is on.

Thanks for the day Shane and Steve.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mark i think there must be certain structure the hang near because if you are going to get a bite it is in certain aeas of the troll run and on a certain line my old sounder I would look at it in the shallow water all i would see was a tiny blue dot on it and i could tell from that we would get a fish when the baits went over that spot and 9 times out of 10 it was spot on
    great to have you on board mate needed someone to keep Steve in line
    shane

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast