Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beats school!

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beats school!

With the last day of school always being a waste of time, Andy, Aidan and I decided to make the most of it by going for a fish. Our game plan was to launch at river heads and run down the straits. We launched at around 6:30 and we were greeted by rain clouds and light shower, it wasn't looking good. But we set off still keen as ever. After 15 minutes of travelling we pulled up to a stretch of mud flats where we put the electric down and flicked plastics at all the drains and it paid off. Aidan was first on the board with a 65cm flathead, I then went to land a small whiting and a 73cm and a 75cm flathead and we also got a few smaller ones. After that the tide had pushed up to high over the flats so off to our next spot we went. We pulled up and in the first couple of casts we had double hook ups on baby GT and on the light gear it was good fun. Also mixed in between the trevally were good size tailor around 40cm, this made for a bit of fun to kill half hour or so until the tide was right to fish the next spot, we ended up boating between us over 20 tailor and GT combine. On the last cast Andy hooked up to a cracker fish, as it peeled line off his reel, after a good fight he landed a 77cm flathead. Next spot we made our way to, it was fairly quiet, couldn't find any real shows of bait, I only managed a 69cm Flathead and we got a few bream. With the day getting on, we headed to our last spot for the day. This last spot was well worth waiting for. We sounded up good shows of bait with big arches hanging all around it and the structure scan was lit up with fish, so we hit the I-pilot and started to fish. First few casts resulted in double and triple hook. From then on for the next few hours the fishing just got better and better! For our efforts off the one spot we ended up pulling 3 Jew, 6 or 7 GT, 2 blue salmon, over 10 grunter, 1 barra, few bream, and we lost numerous big fish due to bust offs and pulling hooks. We had to leave the hot bight unfortunately due to the time, as we did not want to be travelling home in the dark.
    The lures of choice this trip were from the Z-man range, in the curly tail we used the ‘new penny’ and ‘motor oil’ which were very affective. We also used the streaks in ‘smokey shad’ and the scented prawns in ‘new penny’ and ‘glow’.
    Was an absolute awesome day on the water with so many fish caught and a vast variety to, can't wait to do it again! Thanks to Aidan and Andy for joining me.

Cheers Dane.
    To much water to fish and not enough time......

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't argue with that fun times.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

These are just some of the pictures I got, Aidan got a lot more on his camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To much water to fish and not enough time......

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff fella's. A day off school paid off.

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work lads, now that's a nice mixed bag.
    To the shed!

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

bugger school, yep, thats a good day out...
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done guys, lots of good fish there. Weathers been great this week down he bay. Enjoy school while you can though, it all comes crashing down when you have to work!
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Onya boys, good stuff.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

That's gold boys, top day
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Top day boys,some excellent fish amomg those.Spoke to Andy this afternoon and he filled me in on the day.Well done.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast