Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default On the search for Summer Spots

Decided to scope out some different spots to try for Jacks when the weather warms a bit. I am yet to catch one and am determined to get one this summer.

Up at 5am and launched at 5:30am. I had found some likely looking spots on Nearmaps and it was to be an 8klm round trip. The tide was running out and there was little to no wind. I trolled a mad mullet lure that dives to 2m but didn't get a touch the whole time. I stopped at various places along the way and bounced a SP around for nothing . I was starting to worry a donut was on its way. Then I got up into the little spot I had wanted to check out. I had to drag the yak up over a fallen tree that blocked the whole creek. It looked very fishy and had some nice snags in about 3 metres of water. Finally I got on to a 42cm flatty to get the donut off the menu. Then a small bream shortly after. I worked my way further up the creek flisking my SP for a heap more little flatties. They were everywhere. All around 20 to 30cm. Plenty of mullet jumping about too.

I didnt end up seeing a jack but still a really nice morning on the water and I am sure it will produce some better quality fish in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Onya Luke, come October that place usually kicks goals.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good looking country, certainly looks like it will provide the goods come spring
    Ben..

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Top day for it anyway mate even if the Jacks weren't playing. Give it a month and they'll be venturing further up the rivers after leaving the reefs.

Luke if you make it to the Jack Off this year, there'll be plenty a spot mentioned after a few beers being spilt, rums and what ever else is passed around the camp fire mate.

Come join us, it's a top weekend and if you don't get one I'll................

Cheers Dave