Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Territory

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Flat fish John, that is a ripper for that Far Up that Creek System,

Cheers
    Josh

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jm82 View Post
    Nice Flat fish John, that is a ripper for that Far Up that Creek System,

Cheers
    Josh

Thanks Josh, yeah, a bit of a shock when you consider the time of the year.

Cheers,
    John.
    Last edited by obi_wan; 05-09-2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Some cause happiness wherever they go.

Others whenever they go.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Mate, Brandon and Myself Spent a Half day Trolling that Creek and Literally Found Nothing decent on the Sounder, What Kind of Shows did you get on the HDS Structure Scan Ect, I know we found some Nice Deep holes Heading up stream that would have to Entice a Jew or some thing

Cheers

Josh

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jm82 View Post
    Yeah Mate, Brandon and Myself Spent a Half day Trolling that Creek and Literally Found Nothing decent on the Sounder, What Kind of Shows did you get on the HDS Structure Scan Ect, I know we found some Nice Deep holes Heading up stream that would have to Entice a Jew or some thing

Cheers

Josh
    Hey Josh, I had forgotten that Brandon had been up there, anyway it was a first for me.

I have a few screen shots from the day, I have not taken them off the head unit yet, but from memory what i saw was,

A decent sized lump/block of concrete/rock or barrel with body just out from the end of the ramp. I reckon it was big enough to be hit by a boat at a very low tide, will have a good look at it when i get it down.
    Other things were deep holes as you have said,some over thirty feet deep, a few bumps and a few schools of bait and fish, all with lock jaw.

What i did see was a couple of big eddies at a few points, they were big enough to hold the boat. The tide was a run up from .33 to 2.08 meters so the run in at places was quite strong.
    Brandon did get a couple of big hits in one of the eddies and another by casting behind a lump of bank that had fallen into the water, we both put about six casts each into the spot before Brandon got a big hit on his 5 inch nuc chook placy but nohook up.

Yes I think at times, there would be jew and many other things in there but I think the time of tide would play a big part.

When i down load the screen shots i will throw a few up here for you to have a look at.

Cheers,
    John.

Others whenever they go.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

John,

That lump you found at the bottom of the ramp.... Its a large concrete block that has been there for years ... Its been exposed from the floods last year.... I know of a few guys who have hit it and done prop and shaft damage... Nasty bit of structure it is. Yeah how good do those holes look on those tight bends in the river..... Think some time this summer will be spent up there thats for sure

Cheers
    Josh

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Screen Shots

Here are a couple of screen shots i took, the first is of the concrete block at the ramp, the others? well you can see what they are. Note the third last one shows a depth of over thirty feet.
    Cheers,
    John.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by obi_wan; 06-09-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Others whenever they go.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123