Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Water exploring

Threaded View

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Water exploring

Due to work i dont get much time to fish much on the weekends anymore sadly... But the only one day i had off had to be 15-18knots it took lots of convincing to my parents to take out the boat and explore new ground. I won the battle and got the boat loaded up. Hitting to a few spots slower then ever but got there, not getting a hit and just drifting into the mangroves too fast. Went off to explore new water after 30mins or so put on a new Zerek Live Shrimp to see how they swam in the water. I was really impressed on how they are so smooth through the water. After a few cast i got a decent heavy whack with me thinking it might be my first jack, put a second cast back in the same spot whack with tension this time. Got it to the boat and was a lovely healthy cod going at 35cm. After i released it i just realized i didnt have the GoPro on! For the rest of the day the fish were camera shy

Cheers JT
    Attached Images Attached Images