Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default broadwater gold coast

I went out with my mate Cohen this arvo heres the report from her

target- TARPON IN THE BROAWATER

Weather was good, got to the ramp at 3.30pm, 5 mins and we are at the spot we hope we would find these "flying fishes". Plenty showing on the sounder. Chris was using a smaller blade and was not getting to the bottom as we were fishing relatively deep. Therefore, he borrowed one of my Zamikis. He casted out and we were drifting into some red on the sounder and he is ONNNNNN!!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ .... He was hoping for a tarpon as he really wanted one. The fish felt solid and was using the current to its advantage thus giving Chris a bit of beating.

Chris finally won the tug of war and we were delighted to see a GT!!

A second drift through the same spot and he was on AGAIN!

At the same time, there were a few bust ups around us. However the fishes took off as quickly as they showed up.

A few more drifts over the same spot produced nothing and we decided to move down river a bit and thats we both felt taps and Chris lost a fish. A quick throw back to the same spot and I was on! I thought it was another GT, and it was giving hell. I was trying out the St Croix matched with a Quantum Smoke I got from the US and it was going zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

We went back to the same spot and finally got into the mayhem of Tarpons. Every single cast I was practically getting a fish. They were so thick and everything that we threw at them, they took it.

I have landed a few tarpons by now and Chris kept losing his by the boat. He was losing lures too and oh, Chris, you still owe me a Zamiki. *LOL* He kept on going and finally managed to land one and we took a pic on his camera so I do not have pics of him on mine

Total today, Chris landed 2 GTs, 1 Tarpon, lost 6-8 tarpons and also lost 3 lures. I landed a Tailor, 5 tarpons and lost another 5 and also 3 lures. For a 2.5hr trip today, I must say we very happy with the results as I have my PB tailor at 55cm on a lure and my PB tarpon at 63cm.

Tight lines
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work boys,sounds like a bit of mayhem going down there.Those Tarpon are insane fish doncha reckon.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barramag View Post
    Nice work boys,sounds like a bit of mayhem going down there.Those Tarpon are insane fish doncha reckon.
    Paulo
    Mate I hadn't seen anythin like it there were literaly 100's in about 10m of water I'm used to lake tarpon that are fussy an never eat lures these were the total opposite eatin anything an the muscle power they have when you hold them for a pic is insane I love em ahah

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

GT's, Tailor and Tarpon. Very nice little session indeed. Gotta love it when a plan comes together. Good work.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work fellows. Some good fish boated. Well done
    Cheers,
    Doug.

4.2 metre Stessco Bass Tracker
    40hp Suzuki 4 stroke
    Minn Kota iPilot

Like to use Kingfisher lures or Predatek lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

All that fish in the space of 2.5hrs is just aweome. Good one buddy and congrats to Coen on the PBs.
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work mate... I was surprised how hard the Tarpon go in the seaway, the first one i got really OPENED my eyes. Getting 5 in sesh would have been sensational!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work guys, finally landed my first jumping, hook spitting tarpon on the weekend! They sure go hard, and they aren't real photo friendly
    Ben..

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poppers81 View Post
    Nice work mate... I was surprised how hard the Tarpon go in the seaway, the first one i got really OPENED my eyes. Getting 5 in sesh would have been sensational!
    me too man deep water plenty of current they are as fit as usuain bolt

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Some great fighting fish there mate, good work & to get that many in one session unreal..
    Baz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast