Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi all

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

love the pics as always chewy

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    mr chew , question, fire line, i have used it over the years from 6lb to 20lb, and just cant get any love for it, knot strength on leaders to frikkin really bad wind knots..?? always have gone back to braided lines like finns which i run on pretty well every thing these days....?? is it me , or different casting styles for different peoples the stuff does different things ,?.
    Mate,i have used it forever,used to use it at Mondy,now use it on all my spin,from 4 to 20. Mostly now i'm using 6 and 10. I cant fault it.I just tie a 7 turn double Uni. Wind knots i dont seem to have an issue with,though i know some people do. I do fish a bit differently though..so i have been told. Pete will verify that the 6 lb had a fair amount of strain on it when the second big thready decided to head for inskip point THROUGH the mangroves. I was never a chance,but it broke at the lure loop knot,and it was plenty of metres into the mangroves by that stage. I dunno. I use it because im confident in it,fish it hard,as it breaks way above its stated strength. It does fray a bit,and the green loses its colour quick,but i have caught plenty of fish on the stuff. I have tried lots of braid,but the original fused fireline is best for me. Plus its cheap ..like me..
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

yer rito, thanks, its a personal / confidence thing i spose..all good, go with what rocks your boat......i have heard many different opinions..all comes down to personal choice..thanks.
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

i,ll second that chewy like the fire line older it gets the better it is just my thought and i,m cheap to just ask my wife

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    mr chew , question, fire line, i have used it over the years from 6lb to 20lb, and just cant get any love for it, knot strength on leaders to frikkin really bad wind knots..?? always have gone back to braided lines like finns which i run on pretty well every thing these days....?? is it me , or different casting styles for different peoples the stuff does different things ,?.
    Dynamite,

Its always puzzled me as to why people dislike fireline in the light stuff..??
    In 4 through to about 10lb I reckon its fantastic line and I have never experienced trouble of any sought with it....as for wind knots I never get them in the fused braids.
    Deano try a spool of Strens Microfuse in 4 or 6lb.....It is one of the best I have ever used.

BTW....Chewy...great pics and fish mate.

Pete
    Last edited by Pistol_P; 18-09-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: added extra

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great photos and fish. Love the diamonds and grunter.

I use fireline in 20 and 30 lb only because it was cheap ($20+ for 300yd spool) at an auction of fire damaged stock. Only ever used one spool on each reel over 3 years or so. No problems with knots on a spinning reel. Most spaniards in my posts are caught on the 30 lb with 40 lb leader and wire.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw the photos on Facebook last night and loved everyone of them. Wife even asked why can't I catch fish consistently like you Chewy
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah Glen,my secret is to take deckies that know where to go...well mostly. I just get lucky sometimes..
    Chewy....

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chewy,
    is that a new Sustain reel on the trev? What leader are you using on the Threadys, looks about 30lb?

Good days fishing, youve got that area sussed mate.

cheers
    ANdrew

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Hi Chewy,
    is that a new Sustain reel on the trev? What leader are you using on the Threadys, looks about 30lb?

Good days fishing, youve got that area sussed mate.

cheers
    ANdrew
    Hi Andrew, Its a 2000 Pfueger Supreme XTS. And im running 15lb Schneider Clear leader on my heavy rod. 12 on the light rod.
    Chewy....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast