Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default On the Board 20/9/2012

Hey fellas
    went out this arvo same pattern as usual launched the yak around 430 to hit the canals till darkness chasen a ginger- at this stage I'm still after my first for the season-

tide was pouring out I new where I wanted to go an had a diver pre rigged for it -the first half an hr was really slow I was thinking it was gonna be the same results as usual- I made a decision to change to the other side an found a nice patch of water with current pouring over the top of rocky entrance- first cast in the shad gets eaten an up pops a tiny jack around 15cm i laughed at him an thought you lil cheeky for my first one of the season quick snap an put him back-

about 2 casts later same spot get another hit an sure enough another TINY jack about the same size I really wonder if it was the same one? at this point I was thinking if i should do a report coz I was on the board with two lil jacks but they were so small to bother I was thinking--

I changed side again to similiar structure when 2nd cast bumped into a rock an my 2-4kg loomis buckkled over an screamed drag on a tighten drag with 20lb leader -I new it was a good jack an I was worried I was gonna lose him coz man he was peelin line in structure - a few times I had him next to the yak an he went deep again an my rod an reel were nearly in the water I thought somethin was gonna pop luckily I had the pool net with me an I got out on the rocks cut my feet an took some pix shakin like a leaf- put him back with him barkin at me to let him go - chew the pix where he wont let go of mums pool net

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

nice fish chris, keep them fingers away.!!..
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    nice fish chris, keep them fingers away.!!..
    lol that I will- I was pretty close to those teeth too- the treble went through the pool net had to perform some handy work cheers deano

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Great session mate...very jealous..not enough room for me and a jack on the yak im afraid..Well done
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

nice jack mate, love the pool net idea!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Jack mate nice start to the season
    Baz

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

thanx fellas I'm thinking about ditching the lil stick maybe use it for smaller lures as today I felt underguned an lucky to land it what are fellow jack fishos using- I'm thinking 4-7kg rod not sure which brand or to try a baitcaster as well

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

4-7kg rod is a good call for jacks, or a 5-8kg. I also used a 2-4 kg rod a for a few years, but you have less control, and you lose a few to structure.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha.. I'm grinning just looking at 'em- definetly my favourite fish at the mo. Well done!
    I'm jealous about the yak too... It's an option up here, but definetly NOT a sensible one (talking about the salt creeks obviously)!
    Alex.
    * Unless specified, all fish pictured were released unharmed.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work again bud and yeah definitely look at a 4-7kg rod. Will keep an eye out for you if one pops up for sale.

Man those pups are not afraid of going for big lures ey.
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast