Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm Tuna Happy =D

Hey guys just a quick report of this mornings trip, with the wind being gentle but going the other way to the waves made it a rough ride to our spot. My parents and I started the morning off with some spinning to see if we could get some mackerel, within our first drops we all hooked up landing school mackerel roughly all 60-65. After mucking around getting the hooks out we went back for the drift but could not find the bait ball again so we took off to the spot i wanted to try. Once arrived my step dad put out a dead bottom bait which shortly was taken by a lovely golden travelly. I had already put out a livie on a balloon to have something on the surface while mum was still spinning away. Mum got a bonito then gave up and decided to get live bait instead. I rigged up my spare rod to see if i could get a goldy on the bottom since my dad just pulled the hooks on another one! I noticed my balloon whipped to one size for a second then wow saw 3-4 fish darting at my live bait. With my line peeling off my reel for 10 or so minutes i landed my very first tuna(Mack Tuna) which i know it isnt a special tuna but i was still happy i landed my tuna. Took some photos then released. Put another livie on and fish the bottom as i waited. Step dad was getting small squire/moses perch and i was getting some tailor. Maybe another 10-15 later of fishing the bottom i hooked up to a decent fish which i guessed was a golden trevally by the way it was swimming. Landed it and took some photos and released to fight another day. A few birds where attacking my live baits which we're really annoying but didnt take long for one of them to go off again. I was really wishing for a spanish mackerel and this might of been it, the run when it first took the bait was unreal! First time i've ever heard my reel click so fast. I was fighting the fish to hard but saw it was a spanish in the depths. One last wind and it was the very land i was bitten off on 70lb. I was shocked as i could of landed another nice fish for a photo but wasnt that bad since i got a few good ones before. The bite started to go slow so we headed back home and got home at 10. Another good feed of mackerel for dinner

Thanks for reading, J
    Attached Images Attached Images

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work J well done mate
    Finally got one

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice JT and thats a beautiful golden! Well done mate.
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great fish there JT (and family)

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work mate, nothing wrong with the Mack tuna, lots of fun, I could catch them all day
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good morning on the water Jamie with some very nice fish landed, bad luck about the big Mac.
    Baz

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

great fish jt, gotta get me one them goldens one day...
    deano.
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

nice one James
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Some nice fish landed there. Well done mate.
    Cheers,
    Doug.

4.2 metre Stessco Bass Tracker
    40hp Suzuki 4 stroke
    Minn Kota iPilot

Like to use Kingfisher lures or Predatek lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

well done Jamie.A top day had by all.
    aspire to inspire before you expire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast