Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Second Day

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Second Day

After yesterday was a good session i got in contact with a mate to head back out and leave my parents for a rest. 5am at the boat ramp and got at the spot maybe by 5:30. Started off with a drift dropping metal slugs down. My mates cousin hooked up straight away to a mac tuna( photo was taken but i dont have it). Set back up for another drift getting some live bait on the way which one was set to the bottom. Once again his cousin caught another mac tuna on the live bait( no photo just released and hurried back) That time it was my turn i hooked up and fought the fish maybe for 5 minutes then pulled the hooks which was a bummer. Just before we were about to head back for another drift his cousin was at it again. The line went straight to the backing on his daiwa 3000 certate within moments so we have to quickly follow it, got some line back and was near the boat but was way to green back to the backing once again. That was its last solid run with a tail wrapped spanish on the end of it!!!! Biggest spanish i've seen in the boat roughly went 1.2-1.3m easy. After a few snap photos it was released and we were set for another drift. I once again hooked up but dropped it, once i brought it up i noticed the trebles were missing =/ by this time the fishing had gone quiet and we anchored to set out some live bait's. It had really slowed down with just one solid schoolie on live bait that i caught. It wasnt big but really thick compared to my PB 79cm.

Thanks for reading
    Cheers J
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice work once again fellas. Good stuff!

Cheers,
    Roo.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Said it before, but that spaniard is a BEAST!

Sent from my Galaxy s2
    Ben..

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish boys. Well done.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME work Jamie. 2 days out in a row. Tough life ay.
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Your on a roll Jamie, keep it up mate..Lovely Spaniard to..

Baz