Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to reality

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Back to reality

late report but better late than never

Back to reality

Well the missus was due home Sunday morning so Saturday 22nd was my last chance for a fish. I had spent the 3 weeks targetting my first mangrove jack with no succes despite putting in a lot of time and paddling a lot of klms.

Decided my last day of "Freedom" would be in my usal spots as the missus was dying for some fresh flatty fillets. Launched at dawn from Bells and paddled over to my fav spot. Conditions were ideal with the tide nearly at the bottom and sun just rising. Water was like glass with a lot of bait fish being worked over. On went a 1/8th oz jigead, 4inch Gulp Minnow and bingo, 3rd cast and I was on. 35cm flatty. Back he goes. Couple of casts later same deal. They were hungry alright!! I got 6 in the first hour. I had kept 2 at that point then I went for a troll. Paddled south down the passage about 3klms and drifted for a while for nothing. The wind picked up a little with a NE blowing me away from home so tied on my fav HB and started the slog back up towards the car. Caught another flatty while trolling through the scum line as I neared Bells. He was keeper so in the keeper bag he goes. Back up near Bells and around midday as the tide had turned and the run in the tide was kicking in, I began to regularly pull in flatties. By around 1pm I had caught 18 flatties all up. I kept my bag for the table and headed off home to do a mountain of washing, dishes, sweeping and vaccuming that had been neglected while SWMBO had been absent!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good feed there. You certainly have the flattie fishing tied up. Hope your missus appreciates all your hard work.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Funchy, that's a nice feed of flat ones. Certainly more fun fishing than doing housework. Keep up the good work.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice flatties, pity all your hardwork chasing the red ones was to no avail. Housework hey,you what they say..a woman's work is never done! But she's back now lol.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good effort that. I like that area for lizards. I find the bite fluctuates a fair bit with the tide changes. Good when they come on !!

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmm fresh flattie!! Great feed there!
    Homeless, jobless and living out of a car..........bring on the good life

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Unlucky about the jacks but at least you gave it a good shot, nothing wrong with fresh flathead on the table thats for sure!

Cheers J

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work mate.
    Will send you a PM shortly...
    Red

Fish Well, Fish Egrell

Red@redmandesigns.com.au

FishLife Magazine - best mag around
    Red@fishlife.tv

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

nice 1 funchy ! keep chasen that jack youll get him I prefer tryin for them late arvo at the moment when the suns been on it most of the day

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great days fishing mate & an even better feed for the table, well dona..
    Baz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast