Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: The Dominator

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Dominator

Well poor old pete has had a few issues with water getting into his new Clark Dominator and since he was not sure were it was coming from he took it back to the dealer to sort out,
    3 days later he gets a call to come pick up the boat problem located and fixed Apparently the dealer when fitting the Out board did not seal the holes around the bottom engine mounting bolts and water was flowing in and out of there. this all fixed Pete decided to test run it in the logan river to make sure and be close to return it for a further look if it was not water tight but thankfully no water flowed out.

Well pete being pete threw in a couple of flick rods to play with while testing the boat, so we headed downstream from Carbrook and found a likely looking flat and threw placcies there for a While
    Pete was first to hook up but lost the fish close to the boat without getting a look at it well he said it was a fish but could of been a rubber boot for all I know,a few drifts later he hooks up again and again drops the fish without seeing it,(thats if one was realy on )
    Well Pete being Pete also brought food for lunch well today we dined on Ham and Salad Subway rolls geez I bet Obi is jealous now he only got Peanut butter sangers last weekend,
    well back to fishing and we find a gutter and I have a few casts and I hook up to a nice 60cm plus flatty and despite Pete's efforts to knock it off with the landing net I boat a nice fish Score 1-0 my favour but he is still claiming 2 fish that were dropped and not seen.
    All in all was a nice change to fish a bit of water I have never fished before
    Attached Images Attached Images

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha.. you know the competition is feeling the pinch when they start poking your fish with the landing net!

Glad to hear the leak issue's sorted..
    Alex.
    * Unless specified, all fish pictured were released unharmed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Flatty Shane, Geez your giving it to poor old Pete lol... You pair must have a lot of fun on the water...

Baz

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Pete being Pete also brought food for lunch well today we dined on Ham and Salad Subway rolls geez I bet Obi is jealous now he only got Peanut butter sangers last weekend,
    well back to fishing and we find a gutter and I have a few casts and I hook up to a nice 60cm plus flatty and despite Pete's efforts to knock it off with the landing net I boat a nice fish Score 1-0 my favour but he is still claiming 2 fish that were dropped and not seen.
    All in all was a nice change to fish a bit of water I have never fished before[/QUOTE]

Yeah! That would be right, Bloody Ham and Salad Subway Rolls!

What this about Peanut Nut butter sanga's last weekend? I didn't see one

of them????? All i saw was a sanger which i was offered half of that

looked like he had just found it in the back of one of the under floor

lockers, possibilly left over from a trip weeks ago.

Bloody hell Shayne you get looked after.

So we got no water into the boat?? that's good that it's sorted

it will stop the worry and should never have happened.

Nice flattie Shayne.

Cheers,
    John.
    Some cause happiness wherever they go.

Others whenever they go.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe he is scared to bring a live fish in the boat after the recent spate of fish attacking fishermen. Hang on it was only Pete they attacked so attacking fisherman......
    I thought the leak may have been caused by the side mounted first aid kit with inbuilt steering wheel
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snodger View Post
    Maybe he is scared to bring a live fish in the boat after the recent spate of fish attacking fishermen. Hang on it was only Pete they attacked so attacking fisherman......
    I thought the leak may have been caused by the side mounted first aid kit with inbuilt steering wheel
    Mate he stayed behind the console while netting it in case of an attack then handed me the net in case it jumped at him/

Nice Flatty Shane, Geez your giving it to poor old Pete lol... You pair must have a lot of fun on the water...

Baz , he even injured his finger nail today on his hat and had blood pouring out I had to get the smalling salts out in case he fainted at the sight of all his blood,I have told his wife to make sure the insurance is up to date

shane