Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Hi Matt, thats not the same tinny I saw you in a few years ago, did you upgrade? The weather has been crap, but at least the beach is good in SEers. How far did you go to see whales? That would take over an hour each way?

CHeers
    Andrew
    Hi Andrew, no I upgraded the edgetracker to the Bluefin (4.75 Trooper) a few years ago. It is a lot more versatile and has much more room for the kids. It also allows me to take on Moreton Bay, Hervey Bay and some light offshore work - all in the right conditions!

The first trip we had to go right up into Platypus Bay to find the whales, about a 45 minute run up in early morning conditions, but and hour or more back in not so good conditions. The second trip we found them right down at Coogal Point, just north of Moon Point, only 20 - 25 mins from Urangan.

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Good on ya Mat. Looks like you have your hands full mate with three little tackers.

Is that the 4B the idiots drove in the drink following the GPS?

Nice shallow reef hey.
    Daz, yeah mate they keep us on our toes, a bit of hard work, but lots of fun.
    There were two drowned 4x4s in about 1k of each other, I don't know how they thought they could cross there

Quote Originally Posted by Barramag View Post
    Good read Matt,pity about the wind.First week wasn't too bad but last week was a shocker.The family looked to be enjoying the trip,and how good are the whales.See you even managed a fish on Pajero reef lol.
    Paulo
    The weather was certainly frustrating!!! The flats around Pajero reef looked good, They would have been awesome later on the dropping tide, but I wasn't game to stay in there too long as I didn't know the area well enough, and didn't want to be caught in there on an outgoing tide, especially with the family onboard.
    The whales were great!

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Mixing it up Matt, nice work. Where did you stay at?
    We camped at Torquay Caravan Park, not a bad spot, just have to watch out for nocturnal tackle and esky theives. Every time we have stayed, one or more camps have been hit. Pays to lock everything away at night.

Thanks everyone for the replys, I reckon if I keep going back, I'll eventually crack the code at Hervey Bay. So much potential there, plus all of your inspiring reports. I love the inside of Fraser, and can't wait to explore further up the island when I get the Haines finished.

Cheers,

Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12