Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack all

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    More interestingly is that how they are diminishing in numbers here in Brisbane River while flourishing up in Noosa....
    Some will suggest they are heading north but I think they have just been heavily targeted in the Brisbane River over the last two years.

They do not revive well (especially the bigger ones) and many are poorly released to probably die later. Just as many are taken for the table...
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Spot on Peter and also, ever since the massive flood, the river has never been quite the same anymore. A lot less threadies now but fortunately the population of jewies and snappers are still healthy... for now.

Timmy - Sorry for the hijack. Good fishing and thats a great threadie! God I miss them so...
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Some will suggest they are heading north but I think they have just been heavily targeted in the Brisbane River over the last two years.

They do not revive well (especially the bigger ones) and many are poorly released to probably die later. Just as many are taken for the table...
    Along the lines of what I was thinking too
    Ben..

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Top stuff Timmy,

I would take the threadie over a jack anyday.

Catch up with you soon,

Pete

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

As nice as a 79 is and well done mate, that fish is about 30cm off having its balls drop, So noosa will need some big ones if this is to be a regular thing, the prawn netters decimated any chance of that for a long time.
    threadies and prawns go hand in hand.

In about 06 the population of a thousand mature bris threadfin was found and fished to this day. there are still scattered smaller fish in the river and the occasional large one.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by supertuned View Post
    As nice as a 79 is and well done mate, that fish is about 30cm off having its balls drop, So noosa will need some big ones if this is to be a regular thing, the prawn netters decimated any chance of that for a long time.
    threadies and prawns go hand in hand.

In about 06 the population of a thousand mature bris threadfin was found and fished to this day. there are still scattered smaller fish in the river and the occasional large one.
    Yep....Dont worry the netters will destroy any good things on the horizon for Noosa.The local cats may benefit.

Pete

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

They really hit it hard up in the nursey areas towards the lakes at least when I used to go up there a bit, a narrow river with a trawler ploughing up and down, do they still do that. to say nothing about netters targeting fish for the table, does that happen to??

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    There's been a lot more than 2 caught spadey this season alone.
    They started showing up again last season, looks like they are continuing their comeback.

thats sick- hopefully a few pop up while people are jackin off

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah Timmy nice fish mate!
    i had a go up there fri arvo for a jewie and small GT.
    On the way back in it looked like the netters were setting up on the bend just upstream of the barge

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaun_s View Post
    yeah Timmy nice fish mate!
    i had a go up there fri arvo for a jewie and small GT.
    On the way back in it looked like the netters were setting up on the bend just upstream of the barge
    cheers dude
    yea the netters drove past while i was up there they need to get rid of them imagine the river with no netters it would be frothin.
    i hate the everglades boats too had them go past three times and almost flooded my boat three times.
    U going in the JackOff?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast