Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishin' with friends

Old mate from Melbourne came up to visit and wanted to go for a fish, new forum friend from Ippy and his lad were up in the passage in their boat and we caught up. Also my mate from up the road came along in his "new" Yak. Now this "new" yak cost him a 6 pack of bourbon. He had spent the last few days learning how to plastic weld and lay down fibreglass. So we hit some spots this morning just on sunrise in the yaks . Tide was almost at the top and the moon nearly full. Straight away most of us were getting into them. By about 7am old mate in his "new" yak mumbled something about taking on water and heading in, so off he toddles. He gets about 20 meters away and yells out "Luuuuuuuuuuuke.....", then there was a splash. Old mate went arse up in 2ft of water.
    Mick from Ippy kindly took him back to the mainland and old mate is now looking to reposess his bourbon and take advantage of his free council tip vouchers

Anyway, some nice fish were boated, we enjoyed some great company and a beautiful day on the water. Best flatty went to Micks young fella at 70cm. My best went 60.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good laugh. Your doing well on the flatties Funchy

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, well, well, look who's finally caught a flathead

That's it Funchy, I'm coming up to confiscate the flathead gear. Nice looking fish and all, but their just not RED ONES. If you GOOGLE Mangrove Jack you will get an idea of what you should be dragging over the side of the Yak.

AND oh yeah, nice job sabotaging your mates yak, come on that's pretty low. There's plenty of fish out there for both of you.

P.S. Good work noted
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tackle_buster View Post
    Well, well, well, look who's finally caught a flathead

That's it Funchy, I'm coming up to confiscate the flathead gear. Nice looking fish and all, but their just not RED ONES. If you GOOGLE Mangrove Jack you will get an idea of what you should be dragging over the side of the Yak.

AND oh yeah, nice job sabotaging your mates yak, come on that's pretty low. There's plenty of fish out there for both of you.

P.S. Good work noted
    You crack me up Gazza