Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mixed bag in passage

After blowing a shift for couple of days from work I decided to head to Pumicestone Passage. I headed up on Thursday with one of my three sons (who should have been at school but much preferred to be fishing) We left Ipswich at about 3am and were on the water in the Passage by 5am. I met Funchy from AA and had a great day. The weather was near perfect. The day saw good flathead caught by myself and my 8 year old son although the biggest of the day has to go to him with a nice 70cm. We caught our bag limit for that day and threw the remainder of the fish we caught back. We decided to get off the water late in the afternoon and get some sleep ready for the rest of the family to come early Friday morning.

We hit the water early Friday morning and waited for the call that the wife and other 2 sons were at the ramp and waiting. When the call came we headed back to the ramp and picked them up. Then the fun really began with all 3 boys in the boat together. But amongst the fighting and arguing we did manage some more flathead. Nothing big but a good few feeds of nice legal flatties.

Headed out nice and early Saturday morning before the weather turned too bad with my eldest son to try and get a couple of whiting before heading home. Got a few whiting. The rest of the family had then woken up and again met us at the ramp.
    Went flicking some plastics to try for some more flatties and got whacked, and after a half hour fight on 6lb line and chasing it around Pumicestone Passage, got a nice 70cm Golden Trevally on a 3" curl tail.

Nice way to finish a couple of days away.
    DSCF1816.jpg

DSCF1825.jpg

Photo0046.jpg

DSCF1799.jpg

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome post mate, and pics..sounds like a great trip away...if busy...times to remember for sure...Thanks for sharing..
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

A few whiting like that mate make it worth while. you can enjoy yourself or take the whole family; hard to do both.
    To the shed!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

great trip well done

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report mate, the passage has certainly been turning on the good fishing of late. Nice Trev on the light gear.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

awesome mixed bag there mate love the golden he would of been a great fight

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Top report mate & a great feed, well done...
    Baz

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report Mick, even better to see you putting that boat to use! Nice fish too BTW.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mick great report. Love the trev. They are fun on 6lb!! Jake seemed to really know how to handle a rod and reel, that showed when he brought in the big girl. It was really nice to meet you and your family and hope to catch up again one day on the water.

P.S thanks for playing marine rescue with my mate in his yak submarine. You may be interested to know he is now the proud owner of a perception swing like mine. We picked it up today

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks funchy for your tips. hope old mate in the yellow submarine has a lot happier fishing days now hes got the mercedes benz of kayaks. hope to catch up again next time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast