Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Brian

We camped in the mid straits last weekend for two nights. Yeap, there were sandflies. I sleeped in a swag with a mesh front and Mark used a swag similar to yours. Both of us had no issues. We used either bushmans or a brew of baby oil, dettol and metho in a 1/1/1 mix. I had no issues with sandfly bights overnight and Mark came through fairly well also. We were camped on the bank amoungst the mangroves.

Steve
    Swagging under the stars to the sound of dueling banjos - I hear people disappear in that neck of the woods

Life is too short - live everyday as if it is your last ...

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done a few all nighters around river heads with no swag. The midges only get you if your within a cast length of the bank. If you anchor up 20 to 30m away you'll be fine.
    According to my chemistry teacher, alcohol IS a solution!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nagg View Post
    Swagging under the stars to the sound of dueling banjos - I hear people disappear in that neck of the woods
    If I can survive Johns in a swag, then I can survive the Diamonds.
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Brian

We camped in the mid straits last weekend for two nights. Yeap, there were sandflies. I sleeped in a swag with a mesh front and Mark used a swag similar to yours. Both of us had no issues. We used either bushmans or a brew of baby oil, dettol and metho in a 1/1/1 mix. I had no issues with sandfly bights overnight and Mark came through fairly well also. We were camped on the bank amoungst the mangroves.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Trymyluck View Post
    You rub the lotion on..........
    and drink the Metho

Brian I have one of the mozzie coil tin/holders you can kick around the floor of the boat, very good. If it is still they fog the floor of the boat if there is a stiff breeze the bities are not usually a problem.
    Last edited by darylive; 05-11-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    To the shed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12