Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tackle_buster View Post
    Pay very close attention to the knots. Braid does not knot very well in the traditional sense. I'm not sure how braid and superglue react on each other, but if it's o.k. then I would be supergluing the knots for a little extra security. Other than that, they look really good and stingers are a godsend when it comes to cod fishing so I can't see why it wouldn't work on the Z-reks so long as it dosn't take away from it's action. Keep up the good work and hope to see a report of the one that didn't get away with your stinger.

Had the same thoughts Gaz,
    Nice tight snell (lucky 10 winds) on the terminal hook, but the tie to the main hook is a bit more dubious (2 hitches and a hangmans knot of sorts). Did think of superglue but used the last of it up on my Swimmerz the other day!

Re the action: Any mod is going to effect it I gues so it's always going to be a compromise. My chief concern was the improved chance of snagage!

I enjoy the tinkering, but for the price, it'd be nice if they came with a stinger rig... IMHO.
    Alex.
    * Unless specified, all fish pictured were released unharmed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

SFC - sorry mate, dont know your name - they look the goods mate!
    Experimenting is half the fun, very few lures of any kind off the shelf cant be improved by us dumboes who fork out the big coin for something that needs to be weighted, hardware up-graded, trimmed, boiled, painted, rattled, silenced, scent added, all part of the game to find the compromise between improved action/results, and the dampening affect over customizing can create.
    I reckon somethings going to eat them no worries.
    Super glue is sweet, I use it on my leader knots in heavier line class, I just change it over after a day or 2, no particular reason, just eliminating a possible weak point.
    Yeah, I know, learn to tie a good leader knot, but I like the allbrite, its just a little loose with 80 leader.
    Very much looking forward to that first pic of jack or barra on lure - stick at it!
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

That's good to know people use supa glue on knots, I've always wanted to but thought it would eat away at the lines..

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

nah, shes sweet mate, I buy mine from bunnings, blue lid, cant remember the brand but costs a couple of bucks a tube, Ive never had a leader knot failure, including fishing the salt for reefies and snapps, after super glueing the allbrite.
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352713569.229203.jpg

Make sure it's the liquid not the gel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123