Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Couple of hours on the burrum

Had planned to hit the burrum around 630am, but after a very big weekend I accidentally slept in and didn't get on the water until 1030am.
    Arrived at the river to find the water quality fairly poor and getting worse the further the tide went out...
    Motored over to my first spot to find it taken by someone at anchor... d'oh. So decided to go for an explore. Couldn't raise any bites in the next couple of spots, so decided to make a run for buxton for the first time.. Unfortunately I managed to kiss a rock bar just past the gregory that I saw through a gap in the sandy water just in time to avoid any more than a chunked prop - Might save the buxton run for clearer water or following someone who knows the area.
    Turned around and went back to the first spot I wanted to fish to find it vacant, but the tide had dropped a little too much and the water was disgusting. I had a few flicks anyway...
    First came a plate sized flatty followed by my first ever queenfish on a lure to save the morning.

Gave up by 1pm and headed home.