Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Couple of hours on the burrum

Had planned to hit the burrum around 630am, but after a very big weekend I accidentally slept in and didn't get on the water until 1030am.
    Arrived at the river to find the water quality fairly poor and getting worse the further the tide went out...
    Motored over to my first spot to find it taken by someone at anchor... d'oh. So decided to go for an explore. Couldn't raise any bites in the next couple of spots, so decided to make a run for buxton for the first time.. Unfortunately I managed to kiss a rock bar just past the gregory that I saw through a gap in the sandy water just in time to avoid any more than a chunked prop - Might save the buxton run for clearer water or following someone who knows the area.
    Turned around and went back to the first spot I wanted to fish to find it vacant, but the tide had dropped a little too much and the water was disgusting. I had a few flicks anyway...
    First came a plate sized flatty followed by my first ever queenfish on a lure to save the morning.

Gave up by 1pm and headed home.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

yer matt lot of rock between the greg and buxton ( hoffies rocks ) that,s the name once you get past buxton it,s pretty good just sand up to the mouth of the isis big rock bar at the mouth of the isis pretty right past that hope it helps

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the report Matt, Im out tomorrow morning, but might give Burrum a miss if its dirty. Im not keen on the big tides. Did the queenie jump?

I did a lot of Google Earth study before tackling the Gregory to Buxton stretch, and I still wouldnt consider myself an expert. I go through a prop a year almost, but much of that is from River Heads area too. The things we do to get where nobody else goes.

cheers
    Andrew

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done mate, that's 2 good trips lately
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

nice work matt ,yes that bar on the right just up from gregory is a cracker ,cant see it either in the dirty water i am missing fishing there already lol will take a while to suss this place out especially for jacks

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

I wish one of you local blokes would drop a few blocks with marker floats in that bloody Gregory.
    To the shed!

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

When I saw The heading I thought of somebody sitting on a sand bar. lol
    aspire to inspire before you expire