Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Great work, father and son trip and come home with a feed of Snapper. That's a good day.
    To the shed!

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work P & K! some quality nice quality! and quantity.

I wont say anything about upping the line and leader ;x

Cheers,

Matt

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pete & Kyle,
    Breaking all the rules and coming up trumps....you expect me to believe that story...photos must be shopped. Give it up, where was you berley trail, 30lb mono and lever drag reels??? everyone knows you cant catch snapper on silly string.

well done lads.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Pete and Kyle, great bonding session, always great to try something and bingo.

Trev

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work lads, those fish would have been in an ice slurry quick smart.

Pete
    "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you" - Satchel Paige

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt fraser View Post
    I wont say anything about upping the line and leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Breaking all the rules and coming up trumps....you expect me to believe that story...photos must be shopped. Give it up, where was you berley trail, 30lb mono and lever drag reels??? everyone knows you cant catch snapper on silly string.
    C'mon boys, you have to give the fish a fighting chance! It makes it more of a challenge! Funnily enough we did up the leaders to 12lb and 20lb on our last trip and the bites stopped! As soon as we went back to 8lb they started again. Snapper have great eyesight (I believe), especially in the shallow water...

Kyle's 46 took almost 5 minutes and an 80m chase before it was landed. Bloody great fun! I'll trade a few lures for a session of quality bites anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Nice work lads, those fish would have been in an ice slurry quick smart.
    We thought about it Pete, they were a great eating size. A combination of laziness to clean/fillet them and a reluctance to kill them after great fights saw them all enjoy their freedom...
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

A top session Pete and Kyle.You guys are realy on fire.Di would shoot me if I had a day like that and came home without a couple for a feed.
    Cheers, Mick
    aspire to inspire before you expire

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    C'mon boys, you have to give the fish a fighting chance! It makes it more of a challenge! Funnily enough we did up the leaders to 12lb and 20lb on our last trip and the bites stopped! As soon as we went back to 8lb they started again. Snapper have great eyesight (I believe), especially in the shallow water...

Kyle's 46 took almost 5 minutes and an 80m chase before it was landed. Bloody great fun! I'll trade a few lures for a session of quality bites anytime!

We thought about it Pete, they were a great eating size. A combination of laziness to clean/fillet them and a reluctance to kill them after great fights saw them all enjoy their freedom...
    Thanks for the follow up explanation Pete we all go by the theory of using the minimum for best results but it does us good to see the evidence from time to time of what a difference it really makes. Mind you I suspect you pair could catch fish in the desert.
    To the shed!

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know pete, but it keeps the crowds thinner if you tell 'em you were live baiting in 10 mtrs of the NW of Mud Is.

If you haven't already seen it, and I'm pretty sure you might, a map of the sea floor of the bay is floating around in cyberspace. Some interesting features to be explored.

Theres a bommie in there that I always liked the look of, just didn't get the right conditions to work it....25knt S'easter can ruin the best laid plans. It was a few years ago now and I had yet to cotton onto the hard bod lures in the shallows for snaps(still bumping gulps above the reef). It sat right near a channel junction and a defined reef edge. Reckon it would be a prime location when the planets align.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post

Pete, stuff the light gear, If I'm on the other end of the rod, then they have all the fighting chance that they need!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast