Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Early morning jacks.

Finally get to put up my first report after getting onto a couple of jacks this morning. After getting the text from plastic parky's jacks he caught yesterday it didn't take me long to organise an early morning trip to maroochy river. Picked plastic parky up at dawn and the weather wasnt looking to good for fishing but was great conditions to stir up the jacks.
    Was wet, windy and cold but all that forgotten after we pulled up at "secret spot" and very first cast i'm onto a 38cm jack.
    The wind and rain kept picking up and was gettin a bit miserable until i hooked up to another 40cm jack close to the boat, put up a good fight and was soon boated.
    After flicking for another hour with parky picking up a flatty and tarpon we we were defeated by the emements and called it quits.
    Big thanks to plastic parky for showing me a great spot to catch some jacks. Looking forward to going back.
    Attached Images Attached Images