Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default early morn paddle

I went out for an early sesh this morning it was a beautiful morning infact so nice I started off with topwater around the crack of dawn an flicked at every nook an cranny for 30 mins for not a look or touch- not a good start - I decided to ditch surface an chuck on my confidence bait- I was instantly rewarded with a cod ! now these things are starting to become a pest they were cool at the start but now not so much- about 15 mins later I come up tight an another jack pops up number 13 for the season few pics an off he went- came up to some knarly lookin structure an 1st cast hook up an as soon as my rod loads up an my leader knot snapped it was a stonkasaurous an got my ass handed to me- end tally 3 cod 1 jack an 1 epic bust off
    Attached Images Attached Images

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice way to start the day.

Pete
    "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you" - Satchel Paige

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on yet another beautiful red.You really have come a long way in the last 12 mths & good to see your being rewarded for your efforts.Keep up the good work mate.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

cheers for the kind words Mikey an sorry about the early call this morning lol

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet as buddy

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done mate.
    Cheers,
    Doug.

4.2 metre Stessco Bass Tracker
    40hp Suzuki 4 stroke
    Minn Kota iPilot

Like to use Kingfisher lures or Predatek lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great way to spend a morning, good one.. 13 Jack's for the season that's not to bad at all..
    Baz

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

cheers Baz

unfortunaetly mate most have been pups with only one over 50cm - Everytime I seem to hook a big one it's over in a second or two on my spin stick so this mornin I went out an bought my first bait caster ever just for jacks a daiwa hrf- now just have to find a rod for it an work out how to spool a bc up
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice reel Chris, welcome to the dark side. One handed, pin point casting from a yak, nice. Once mastered, I doubt you will take another spin stick out for flicking lures. Will also double as a nice Barra outfit as well.

Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

thanx man Can't wait to try it out- with the speeds on the side 1-10 - I no it has something to do with how much the spool spins but for a new starter what is the best setting to have it on ?

cheers
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast