Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default gettin a bit bigger

went out on my mates boat late this arvo chasin jackies - I managed to pull out a 48 right on sunset- it's amazing how much an electric makes a difference when you're used to a kayak- couple of pix an sent him back
    Attached Images Attached Images

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

crackin jack mate. its only gonna get better. the weather is lookin good for the next week. will have to get out and find one of those 50's i reckon!

cheers, aaran.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done mate , your slaying em. Looks like ur in my old territory, nerang river? I would say to pm me but I reckon u don't need any tips on spots. Keep em comin.
    According to my chemistry teacher, alcohol IS a solution!

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bagdout View Post
    crackin jack mate. its only gonna get better. the weather is lookin good for the next week. will have to get out and find one of those 50's i reckon!

cheers, aaran.
    cheers Aaran- I hope so too mate I was shocked when I looked at Trents sounder an it read 29 degrees- I new it was warm but not that warm - wonder what maximum it can get up to on the gc ? goodluck on the weekend dude

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice jack! This season has started so well that I might even be a chance for one...!
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Well done mate , your slaying em. Looks like ur in my old territory, nerang river? I would say to pm me but I reckon u don't need any tips on spots. Keep em comin.
    cheers gecko- yeah mate it's the nerang my local I love it- the amount of people that tell me there are not many jacks in there an that they prefer to fish the coomera - I think it's a good thing hopefully they keep hittin the coomera lol

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good on ya mate, you are having a cracker. Highly envious
    Ben..

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

oops forgot to post this grunter bream from tues nite- I went out with Micko from AA an got my first one ever on a little 2.5inch zman - they actually go pretty hard
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant effort Chris. Well done mate.
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, your right. Nerang is just as good as Coomera, especially the stretch from chevron/capri to monaco st. Its full of rocky banks and pylons that fire up at night when the traffic dies down. Theres a few up the back near M1 as well.

The water temp seems to rise for a few hours as shallow water that has been warmed by the sun washes out from the canals.

I always found the best spots changed around a lot, meaning that they followed the baitfish and could be anywhere in the nerang. The nerang jacks seemed less terrotorial than other spots.

Youre having a cracker season mate, well done.

cheers
    Andrew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast