Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default love this time of year

Me an Micko from the site set out on a night time mission last night to try a new spot we found- we were greeted by a very lookin fishy spot with the full moon beaming onto the water-

within the first 10mins there was action with Mikey havin a bow wave then an explosion on his surface lure but unfortunaetly it didnt hook up -we made the call they were giant herring - from that point on Mikey was getting either a hit or boils nearly every cast while nothing happening on my sammy -

finally Mike connected to one an it went ballistic cart wheelin out of the water over an over so much so it wore through Mikes 20lb leader- we were both dissapointed as it looked like a nice fish an possibly a pb- they shut down after that an we went for a bit of a walkskis finding a nice patch we could both fish with lights on it- as soon as we walk up to the water there are ripples everywhere I sat there an watched it for a minute or two when I said to Mike there tarpon man look at the bubbles that come up everytime- I ditched surface an chucked on my fav lil placcy at the moment a 2.5" z man grub - It didn't take long an sure enough next thing you no a tarpon is flyin out the water an into the landin net - we hit the first spot again with mikey hooking a massive gh busting him off instantly- by now Mike had lost two poppers an we made the call to call it a night- not many fish actually landed but action was far from slow- we are both pretty confident we can get pb tarpons an metre long gh's from this spot so stay tuned

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet mate, look fwd to more reports. Heading out soon myself