Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Smoke on the water

Up and on the water at 3am cos I can (On hols). Bottom of the tide was around 5:30am. I paddled across the passage in a chop that had me concentrating on the water and making sure I was ready to recover if I got tipped out due to the Nor westerly blowing against a run out tide. I had to paddle side on to the chop but made it over the other side without tipping in for a very early morning swim. Had a flick till the sun came up and Mick (Selfy) turned up on his yak.

I boated one flatty to around 45cms then nothin so we headed back over to Mainland side of passage. Water was a bit more friendly as the tide had turned. Ender up with 3 keeper flattys (best was around 58cm). Also scored a 33cm ting on a 3inch gulp grub and a small bream while doing a slow troll.

Was a nice morning, particularly the sunrise as there was a significant smoke haze. Very nice sunrise indeed.

Oh and i finally bought a tinny. Here is a sneak peak. Am wainting for the new I Pilot 55lb to arrive.

Looks like I may not get the tinny out till after xmas ...... cos I am off to rainbow beach for 4 days and will take the yaks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking tinny

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish, nice boat nuff said
    Ben..

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Any info on the tinny??

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Tinny looks great but that red can spoils it.......
    Finally got one

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking Ting Funchy. Are there many around at the moment up your way?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting little lure you got the bream on - is that an import (from Piatu - fishskinlures)?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksta View Post
    Interesting little lure you got the bream on - is that an import (from Piatu - fishskinlures)?
    Nah it's just a gulp grub mate. Can't remember the name of it. Similar to the watermelon ones.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 004dam View Post
    Any info on the tinny??
    Got it off a mate who had taken me fishing on it before so I knew a bit about it. Its an older hull Clarke 4.1m. Full deck throughout, live well, bilge pump, safety gear, battery trailer has new tyres. 30 gee gees on the back. Yammy CV model with 74hr on it. Very tidy motor. It came with a near new water snake tiller steer 54lb. I am taking the water snake off and adding the Minn Kota I pilot. Sourced one $1780. it is the 54inch shaft 55lb version 2 (bigger remote control screen and ability to store more way points/record routes.

Got the tinny for $4000, $2,500 for minn Kota by the time I buys some bits and pieces. Pretty chugged really.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shagga View Post
    Nice looking Ting Funchy. Are there many around at the moment up your way?
    Hey shagga, I couldn't really tell you cos I don't target them. They usually don't take the SPs as a rule i find (only ever caught 2 on a SP) I was talking to old mate on the water Saturday morning while he was collecting little sand crabs and he said he had been doing ok on them lately.

sorry I couldn't be of more help, good luck with it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast