Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hot an humid

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hot an humid

decided on something different this morn as I had word from Micko where some hungry jacks were - so I barred the nerang an went to the coomera for a change- I haven't fished the coomera in months so wasn't sure what to expect -

I was on the water at 4am an the first thing I noticed was how alive it was there were prawns on the surface with mullet an baitfish everywhere- confident shot up- first one of the mornin was on topwater behind a jetty just a lil pup but I'll take him as he chrisened my bait caster- had one more strike on surface but the surface bite died off very quick an everythin went deep- time to change tactics an went a diver my fav lure I no nerang jacks love them so why not coomera ones ?-

sun was out now an it was very muggy nearly pulled the pin but gave it another 10mins - finally I get creamed an finally get to thumb the spool on a bait caster heaps stoked to see another jack an it was probably one of the cleanest looking jacks I have caught - thanx Mikey for the heads up
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty fish mate, nice one..
    Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeez you have these jacks worked out mate. Top stuff again!
    Ben..

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work mate.Very pretty jack,well deserved.Thanks for the read bud

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweet couple of fish mate, still to catch one myself
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent a few years working the Coomera out, its great to change rivers now and then. Looks like that jacks about 40cm? The thing about Coomera is that the same spots will keep producing, you can go back tomorrow, and a new jack has taken over the territory. Well done on the 4am launch, that deserves a surface strike.

cheers
    Andrew

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

the 4am start wasn't that bad - early morning an late afternoon/evening is the only time I can get them to bite...

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

I know. In the last 5 yrs, I got ALL my jacks after sunset, or before 8am, with no exceptions. This year, Ive got one at 10.30am and one at noon, and they were both 50s.......go figure.

When I get as good as CV, I will catch more in the daytime. He gets plenty, so it is possible.

I think its a confidence thing, we go when we think the odds are with us, and stay away when we think we dont have a chance.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Mate, we're going to have to get you kitted out with a brag-mat...and soonish!

What's the lure that did the damage?
    Alex.
    * Unless specified, all fish pictured were released unharmed.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

I have got one just never take it with me haha same lure as always bro - luckycraft bevy shad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast