Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff mate, well done nice fish.
    Some cause happiness wherever they go.

Others whenever they go.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chamelion View Post
    How do you find it compared to a traditional sounder? I'm <-> that far from pulling the trigger and making the switch... I'll still have my black and white traditional unit anyway (which is better than the elite 5 imo)

Its a great little unit. Requires a little bit of getting used to in the fish identification aspect uless its a schooled up baitball or fish sometimes a little insignificant dot may be a trev or similar cruising past. But for identifying structure it is unreal. I will take some shots for you. Its pretty cool cruising past a crab pot and you can see it on the bottom and the rope all the way to the surface. I still run my cuda and I can mark fish on the dsi that my other unit does not even detect.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 004dam View Post
    Its a great little unit. Requires a little bit of getting used to in the fish identification aspect uless its a schooled up baitball or fish sometimes a little insignificant dot may be a trev or similar cruising past. But for identifying structure it is unreal. I will take some shots for you. Its pretty cool cruising past a crab pot and you can see it on the bottom and the rope all the way to the surface. I still run my cuda and I can mark fish on the dsi that my other unit does not even detect.
    Awesome, sounds like I should switch over for sure. Some screenshots would be great, cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123