Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Back Passage fishing

Old hospital Pete and I decided to have a fish up the passage this morning he brought along his son inlaw Sam for the ride. original time at the ramp was 5am start 10 mins later he is back on the phone you better make that 7am i am old and need a sleep in he said,(well thats what I heard my end)
    I arrived at the ramp about 6.30 and chucked a placcie while i waited for pete where I hooked and landed 1 small flattie'
    Pete arrives on time so we launch and take turns at pumping yabbies pull up to a bank and start fishing but all we could hook where small rays and small bream in the end pete lands a half decent ting about 31cm,

Six moves later we find a sand bar holding some whiting but all bar 1 of them turn out to under size so we made another move to lime pocket where I snuck a nice ting in the boat

All up a very quite day on the fish front with 3 legal tings and a 30cm bream taken home for my tea if the cat does not beat me to it plenty of sting rays around if you want a bit of fun on them

shane
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny colours on that catfish Shane, wouldn't like to eat that one

Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tackle_buster View Post
    Funny colours on that catfish Shane, wouldn't like to eat that one

yeh the tortise shell woull be a bit boney but the ginger one has plenty of meat

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

No wonder ''old hospital Pete'' is crook all the time, that ''Back Passage'' fishing would put me in a world of pain as well!

You blokes are way too suss!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    No wonder ''old hospital Pete'' is crook all the time, that ''Back Passage'' fishing would put me in a world of pain as well!

You blokes are way too suss!
    At least we do it with cloths on unlike some people I hear of
    But the discussions did come round at one point to Jugs who used to fish the passage and we were going to outvote dids and see if he would let her photo's up lol

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice feed there, but by the look at the size of the cat it maybe just a entree.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    Nice feed there, but by the look at the size of the cat it maybe just a entree.
    Yes old sam the ginger cat is a big boy but he only gets a small amount of food and a feed of fresh fish when i catch some