Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting the kids out on the water

Today I realised a long held desire to get my kids out on the water in a boat and onto some fish!!!

Today I was taking my eldest daughter Holly (9) and my youngest boy Max (12). Got em up at 3:30am and into some cocoa pops, down to the ramp at 4am and on the water by 20 past. Headed out to a good spot and got them throwing some Gulp grub minnows about. (I had spent some time with Holly previously teaching her to cast). Wasn't long and I hooked up so I handed over the rod to Holly and she bought in a nice flatty in the mid 40's. Had to get a feed today so into the bag it goes. A short while later Max was onto one and he was pumped as he boated a similar sized flatty. 5 mins later another one!!! What a top start, then it went quiet for 15 mins so of course Holly wanted to "go for a ride". So we did

Went scooting around and wasted some fuel, had a quick fish here and there but no real action. By 7:30 Holly says "When we going home?". Now Max and I had a plan. If she wanted to go home, we wizz up the passage, pull up on Golden beach, he walks her 10 houses down the street to our joint and runs back to the boat!! All good, he was back in 5 mins and went about finding some more fish. Only boated one more that went about 54cms but we had a great time. Taught him how to deploy the leccy and restow it. He is getting very good at getting the boat on and off at the ramp, cleaning the boat and flushing the motor.

Beaut day out with my kids!! Will hafta get the other 2 and the missus out but it may be a challenge getting em up early enuff to get onto some fish.

Hitting some spots in the morning on the yak just to keep my hand in
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Top report,brilliant stuff. Kids had a ball by the look. Good work noted.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish mate good day out

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you having some time in the new boat. I would much prefer to see you take the wife and at least 3 kids to make times extra fun. Great morning on the water and a nice feed for Jules to cook for dinner.

Mick

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done mate, your lad looks pretty happy!
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

just a question, how do you get them up that early?
    Great Flatties!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3Macks View Post
    just a question, how do you get them up that early?
    Great Flatties!
    To be honest mate I talk it up big time the night before and say to them they hafta wake up when I give them a shake. I said to my daughter that she had to wake up, if she says to "me nah, I wanna sleep" I will leave you. She says to me the night before "please Dad, if I say I wanna sleep make me get up"

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

great report and nice flatties

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Its got to be a good day when you've got your kids sharing your hobby with you, plus you come home with a nice feed of flathead. Well done on both accounts.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

That is time well spent!
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast