Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas holidays with the family

Well the planned Christmas break with the family got me off to a bad start when I sold the 435 Hornet Trophy two days before we were due to leave. This didn't earn too many good points but it soon got turned around when the kids realised both the wife and I were going to paddle a kayak each and the competition was reigning of which kayak was going to catch the most fish.

So off we headed to spend a week in Caloundra. After arriving the first day we simply unpacked and stocked the unit with food and got to bed at a reasonable hour ready for an early start. The alarm went off at 3.30am and everyone was up and ready to go. Mind you the missus has never really paddled a kayak and she was off in Pumicestone Passage (she doesn't mind being paddled around when she catches 1 metre barra though).

The first day on the water was more fun than fishing with plenty of laughs and plenty of "we are better than you", "stop looking at what we are doing" etc. etc. but we managed to land a few flatties and back we headed.

Each day from there the crews started to want to sleep in a bit and hit the water later, which was okay because the tides were getting later.

Each day turned out well and we managed to land flathead each day, which was great for our freezer and weekly feed of fish.

It is always hard to leave Caloundra and head back to Ipswich but you have to do what you have to do.

Attached is a few photos

Photo0000.jpg

DSCF1953.jpg

Photo0019.jpg

Photo0008.jpg

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff team Selfy! A great break for you all with some nice fish landed there. Come back again soon

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice little holiday there. Kids look happy with the catch too. So, who was the best yak crew?
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Selfy & crew.Young blokes look like their having a ball. Some nice size lizards too

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

great report and flatties mate

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad you sold your boat before the trip. Glad you had a plan 'b'....looks like it all turned out pretty good.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

I just drooled on my keyboard, fresh flattie fillets are my fav!!
    Looks like a great week of fun, family and fishing!
    Cheers Kim.
    Homeless, jobless and living out of a car..........bring on the good life

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great feed of Flatty mate,sound's like a top holiday.
    Baz