Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tackle_buster View Post
    Since the J.O. last year, I have been trying to catch the elusive Mangrove Jack, to no avail. But that all changed last night in a big way. To say I'm now hooked is an under statement.

Met up with DIDS down the Goldy about 5pm yesterday and after filling up the live well with mullet, we set sail in search of my first JACK.
    I owe a BIG BIG thankyou to Dids who finally popped my Cherry, Jack Cherry that is . The master and the apprentice. What a way to get broken in, a nice pair of 50cm JACKS .

DIDDS HAS THE PICS, SO I'LL LET HIM POST THEM UP.

That Bloody yak of Did's has everything doesn't it?
    To the shed!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff Gazza, really glad for ya as I know how much you wanted this day to come around!!! Well done to Didds to for helping out!!

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

A nice dark red looking specimen.

Well done men.

Pete

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done men fresh bread and butter and jacks for lunch I hope. I can almost taste it.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you've well and trully caught the red fever Gaz.

You should know now though; absolute euphoria when you lay a nice red on the mat- soul-crushing despair when you get spanked...

errr.. and that'll be another point for the lovers of bait!

...I'm just saying...!
    Alex.
    * Unless specified, all fish pictured were released unharmed.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

top work boys those jacks become very addictive especially when you start off with 2 at 50cm

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Great stuff Gazza, really glad for ya as I know how much you wanted this day to come around!!! Well done to Didds to for helping out!!
    Thanks Luke, I was glad when you got yours earlier, I know to how hard they are to come by when you first set out to conquour. I've spent many fishless hours since the J.O. chasing these fellas, but now thanks to a couple of trips with the RED WRANGLER, MASTER CHERRY POPPER and RED FISH GUIDE EXTRORDINAIRE Mr Diddley, I'm now converted and will spend even more time chasing these red devils.

Again though I can't thank DIDDS enough for his time and effort putting me onto them, without him I would still be a JACKLESS. Why is this site No. 1, well if people havn't worked it out by now ...

Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Selfy View Post
    Well done men fresh bread and butter and jacks for lunch I hope. I can almost taste it.
    Jack No. 1 is cooling his fins as we speak in the fridge. It's a one off for me and I will enjoy it. Jack No. 2 swam free to fight another day, as will all jacks I catch from now on. I do enjoy a feed of fish, but not a big fish eater. I will keep the occassional flattie and a feed of whiting, but everything else gets to swim another day.

Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on popping the cherry Gazz TWICE and a great story well told.

So Dids...whats your schedule like for the rest of summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Micko View Post
    Well done to you too Dids.This isnt the first time you have taken someone to spot X and helped pop their jack cherry.Your becoming to be the go to jack guide mate.Think you might be getting a call from Glenn soon hahaha.
    You should see the awesome comprehensive guide that Dids and Gecko put up ages ago. They have both given me some spots to try as well but I guess its just me being unlucky not to land one yet Hope to change that this summer...
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats mate, nice fish.

I was expecting some hot photos with that new camera of yours Dids, what happened?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast