Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Heat waves to snow storms

So today was my last fish for a few weeks as I have to shoot off to Salt Lake City, Utah for work. It is minus 13C there today so keeping the beer cold won't be a problem

Today was to be a yak session and last night I got it all prepared and loaded up. Went to bed early and woke at 2am cos I couldnt sleep so I got up, had a gutful of cocoa pops and hit the water at 3am. Tide was just finishing the run out as I anchored up near the mouth of Bells. Flicked SP's in the dark for an hour without a a touch. By 4am the tide had turned to the run in with a fair bit of flow expected. Lotsa run lotsa fun. Right on 4am I hooked up to a nice 53cm flatty on a 3inch gulp curl tailed grub. I wanted to add to my fish haul from yesterday as I have visitors to feed. Yesterday I got 1 of the 4 we bought home so I could legally take another 4 if I could manage it. (There are 6 in my family and had to feed another 3 so none would go to waste). About 4.45am my mate turned up on his yak and we set about scoring some more. At 5am on the knocker I scored another 45cm flatty then about 5 mins later old mate hooks up to something big. It was peeling off line and tear arseing around. He was worried about it getting tangled in his anchor line but he managed to keep it clear. After about 8 or so mins he manged to get a beautiful big fat flatty yakside and into the net. Another mate was beside us in his tinny and threw her on the brag mat. She went 78cm. Not bad on 6lb braid and 10lb leader. A couple of quick pics and she went back in to swim off to grow us all some more fillets

We fished that spot a little while longer then headed off for greener pastures when things slowed down after dawn. The tide was fairly pushing in at this stage so we headed for real shallow ground as the tide started to flood the exposed weed beds. I then got a 50cm flatty in about 20cms of water. I had a blast playing this on light gear in such shallow water. The yak was actually hitting bottom it was that shallow.

We fished a couple more drop offs and weed beds for 1 bream (about 25cms that went back). Wind started up and it was getting pretty warm so we headed in.

So people, be nice to each other, put up lots of reports so I can read them while I am away and most of all ..... ENJOY THE PEACE AND QUIET!!! hahahhaaaaaaaaaa
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Work noted.
    To the shed!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy those fillet's mate because the are none over there...How long are you over there??
    Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil Brush View Post
    Enjoy those fillet's mate because the are none over there...How long are you over there??
    Baz
    I leave this Friday 18th and return 4th Feb mate. They have had a lot of snow in the last couple of weeks. On the upside my mates over there have been stocking up on some rainbow trout so should get a feed of smoked trout hmmmmmmm

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Funchy. Nothing like a good morning on the water. Enjoy your holiday (ha ha) work. Make sure you pack your thermals. I might be up that way later in the week if you want to leave the shed open I will give your boat and kayak a run for you.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

You lucky lucky barstead Funchy......escaping this weather like that!! Enjoy your time out mate.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack View Post
    You lucky lucky barstead Funchy......escaping this weather like that!! Enjoy your time out mate.
    Cheers Tony, will be mainly indoor activities such as shopping at sportsmans warehouse, shopping at Cabellas, shopping at Bass Pro.....