Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Theeeeeeeyyyyy'rrre baaaaaaaaack

Drove up to Noosa with the thought of trying Eenie Creek this morning with Dids, Deano and Shagga yak based. Got there around 5am, dark, muddy road, difficult to access the creek. Deano was the resident expert on the area and he had slept in so we piked out and headed back to my stomping grounds. Got on the water about twenty past six. The tide was still running out and it was pretty overcast with a few showers hanging around to annoy us. Headed for the beacons at the mouth of Bells for not a touch so moved to the next spot and Dids gets a 35 ish cm Flatty.... hhhmmmm.... well thats a start..... We moved around a bit and I scored a 39cm flatty on a 3inch curly tail grub smothered in S factor.

sFH.jpg

We tried a few more spots but no more action. Decided to head back over toward the mouth of Bells. Dids comes paddling up behind me and says "your not gonna be very happy with me" Turns out I was very happy with him. He had scored a nice fat lizard over the 80cm mark. A beautiful big mumma wth a very wide head. A very good fish on 4lb line. Took a load of pics and released her to swim and breed some more
    bFH.jpg

We then moved over to fish the mangrove line, I quickly hooked up to what I am sure was a reasonable flatty but it came unbuttoned. About 3 casts later I felt the old familiar thud ... paused... lifted the tip and I was on. This thing made a beeline for the mangroves and for a moment I was worried I was in trouble, I angled the rod tip and turned it's head and it made a bee line for open water. After a short tussle I had dinner in the net. A fat 62cm flatty.
    fFH.jpgmFH.jpg

We kept at it for about another hour or so for nuthin so we headed in.
    It was a great day on the water, great to meet some new forum members (cheers Dids and Shagga), and as Dids said “It’s always good when everyone gets onto some good fish..... well, almost everyone”

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

nice flattie that.!!,,cheers funch, sorry i didnt get there, unexpected visitors made for a very late nite...
    and it pissed rain all nite..so yea, piked it and had a lazy day...i did get the sounder mounted in the yak though
    so not all was lost.!.
    next time.
    deano..
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    nice flattie that.!!,,cheers funch, sorry i didnt get there, unexpected visitors made for a very late nite...
    and it pissed rain all nite..so yea, piked it and had a lazy day...i did get the sounder mounted in the yak though
    so not all was lost.!.
    next time.
    deano..
    Yeah no worries Deano, you missed some great laffs, be good to catch up next time mate

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew it wouldn't be long before you found the Flatty mate, very nice fish to you & Did's well done..
    Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

"Dids, you Caught a fish?" Dids, "I caught a fish" Well about bloody time.. Must be the company your keeping Dids. Good work, well done men.

Deano , Lost both your arms and legs in a pub brawl might be an excuse, but a lack of sleep and one too many beers - no excuse sheeeesh your becoming soft
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tackle_buster View Post
    "Dids, you Caught a fish?" Dids, "I caught a fish" Well about bloody time.. Must be the company your keeping Dids. Good work, well done men.

Deano , Lost both your arms and legs in a pub brawl might be an excuse, but a lack of sleep and one too many beers - no excuse sheeeesh your becoming soft

Bwahahhaaaahahahahhahahahahaaaaaaa...............

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice ones mate, I piked this this morning rained scared me off.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Onya fellars. Stonker lizard Dids, good one!
    Ben..

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for letting us play at your place Funchy, we'd both love to come back soon. Shame about Noosa, you musta got a shirt load of rain last night Deano, you made the right choice regards the Creek but you missed some good flatty fun. Anyone could have caught some lizards today, well almost anyone, but I'll leave that there. Here's some of my camera shots.
    DSC_1810.jpgDSC_1807.jpgDSC_1802.jpgDSC_1798.jpgDSC_1832.jpgDSC_1833.jpgDSC_1846.jpg
    Thanks Funchy for an enjoyable day, the change of venue was the right choice,

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dids - you're looking much trimmer. Been running?
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

- Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast